ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Really like Red Wharf. bay Niall, the composition is excellent. The others don't do a lot for me, mainly due to the lighting but good compositions nonetheless.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I actually need to buy a tripod. Stole Reolvs' for a few pics last night and managed to place the camera on a wall for a few, but I only got three I liked in London (and even these I'm not exactly well happy with).

9483125129_5740ff3d1e_c.jpg

Eye 1 by Rob Strode, on Flickr

9483126259_f23ae1f0e7_c.jpg

BigOlBen by Rob Strode, on Flickr

9483125919_412fa12153_c.jpg

Eye 2 by Rob Strode, on Flickr

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Really like Red Wharf. bay Niall, the composition is excellent. The others don't do a lot for me, mainly due to the lighting but good compositions nonetheless.

Cheers, that was probably my favourite too really, I loved it when I saw it on the screen at the time, I just wish that I’d have had a wide angle for this trip.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
I've not been out for ages with my camera but went to Bradgate Park with the boss and actually took a few photos!.. sorry there are so many..!! I'm not massively into editing - a bit of correction in iPhoto (and stitching some in PS...). light was average..

_MG_2442_zps30f5edc1.jpg

PAN1_zpsdc93f093.jpg

_MG_2469_zps9fea63d3.jpg

_MG_2471_zpsf00b84c2.jpg

_MG_2488_zpsfa8d4237.jpg

_MG_2507_zps35650a03.jpg

_MG_2526_zpsa20cd9a4.jpg

Pan3_zps4d5b033c.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Niall. Couldn't believe how fast they were going! So much harder to photograph than cars. Got some decent pics, went radish to 1/20th for some.
Will make a thread tomorrow when I've gone through the 450+ images.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Nice photo,Tom. A CPL could have been handy for that shot by the looks of things. That Evo is gorgeous though, properly done that.

Thanks man. Sold me CPL ready for the move to FF. Have little kit left ATM. :(

Like you, I'll be moving to FF and rebuilding my collection.

Yeah, a 6D man. I had a play with one in Jessops. Took some base photos on my 50mm f/1.8 and then put that same lens on the 6D. The difference was awesome!! Loved the ISO handling the most, I would say. It can practically see in the dark.

I don't know whether to get the kit 24-105 or two/three primes to cover the same range. I worry that like my 17-55, I'll never use the kit lens. Additionally, I ALWAYS use my 50mm...

So it's either the 50mm f/1.4 USM and some other prime lenses or the kit 24-105 L.

But without a doubt I'll be getting a 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens (and probably a x2 TC) and a 17-40mm F4 L Lens.

But it's going to take AGES to buy that lot. But I knew that, and that's why I moved to FF now. So I don't have to upgrade everything 5/6 years down the line when I'm starting to get experienced and my kit begins to hold me back.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that’s a good choice, the only reason that I didn’t go for the 6D is that the plastic body put me off (as stupid as that sounds), I wanted the Magnesium alloy body, after the D7000 being Mag-Alloy I didn’t want it to feel any less solid, it sounds stupid but things like that really grate on me, I’m really partcular about the quality of things. But yeah you’ll love it!

If it’s one or the other then I’d definitely go for the primes, I’d love the 24-105 for a walkabout lens but I’d much sooner make the most of the FF DoF with an F1.4, F1.8 etc prime.

Yeah that’s the same as my plan, I’m currently looking for a Non IS 70-200 F2.8L and then after that I’ll be looking for a 17-40L.

Coming from a 600D you’ll appreciate the nicer user experience with the 6D such as the bigger viewfinder (the one on XXXD cameras is like looking through a keyhole) which will enable you to frame your shots more easily, plus it’s just nice to be able to see what you’re shooting. Then, there’s the bigger body that is nicer to hold and feels more substantial in your hand, and once you get an L lens on it it’s even better again, I’ve used quite a few since getting my 5D2 and my 50 just feels like a toy afterwards despite being quite well made for a 50.

I'd love a 5D MK3 but can't justify the price difference from the 6D ATM. :( At least if I change my body in 2/3 years, my lenses won't have to change again. :D

Glad you're agreed on the lens front - always helps gauge that you're doing/thinking the right thing when others agree.

Whatsmore, the prime route works out cheaper too. :D

I look forward to the upgrade. The bigger bodies are a world apart from the XXXD range. Fingers crossed I'll be making the jump in the next 5/6 weeks.

Thanks guys, taken on my nex5n and a sigma 19mm prime, the combo is so sharp and has zero noise in comparison to my sony a77 and cost a fraction of what the 'proper' camera did!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Same as above, great photo. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get some night shots of London done when I go again later this year :)