ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30

Thing was gorgeous!

Check this concourse engine bay....

8731296263_0516568b8e_c.jpg

Cumbria RS Show 14 by CJGREEN., on Flickr

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yay you've finally got a Flickr up. Just need to be shown how to share the pictures from it properly :)

Love that one of the sky from seat of the splitty. How many stops under-exposed do you usually shoot?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Rob is going to be my Flickr mentor lol.
I shot 1.5 under normally, then bring things down in raw with a grad even more.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nipped to the "fun ship" as it was once known on my way back from work. Heading up there and there was a lot of cloud which I wanted. Got there and it had all but gone and nothing but blue skies coming in.

Will be back there again when there's a clear night too as I'm pretty sure the camera is facing north to get this shot.

8740600785_730f1b9418_c.jpg

Duke of Lancaster by A_Cro, on Flickr

Nipped to the "fun ship" as it was once known on my way back from work. Heading up there and there was a lot of cloud which I wanted. Got there and it had all but gone and nothing but blue skies coming in.

Will be back there again when there's a clear night too as I'm pretty sure the camera is facing north to get this shot.

8740600785_730f1b9418_c.jpg

Duke of Lancaster by A_Cro, on Flickr

Really like that man. Is that a permanent fixture somewhere?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah its been there since the 70's I believe. Concreted in place now.

TEG - Yup, you can see the Wirral from there. Pretty easy to get too as well. Want to get back there for some stars one night too. Its only a 2 minute walk from the main road which is handy.

The owners have hired artists to do some graffiti on there over the past year. I'll dig out a pic of the other side from my phone in a minute. There's security on site now too which is a pain in the arse. People have been on there not too long ago too, inside looks spooky from what I remember.

hu2yma5a.jpg

From 28DL: http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums...lancaster-mostyn-funship-november-2010-a.html

Last edited:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve seen that when I was near/in Wales one time, it was supposed to be used as a hotel or something wasn’t it? but it didn’t happen and went to reck and ruin.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nipped to the beach tonight for the sunset. Didn't go as planned but got some OK shots.

Reflections+in+the+sand.jpg

Sunset.jpg

Timber.jpg

And a quick orb before heading home. Need to get a decent wireless trigger as mine is bloody awful, never goes off so reverted to using an intervalometer and counting down in my head to try to catch it.

Orb.jpg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Perfect timing for what ?

How do you pick up grain resizing a pic !? :S

We both arrived at Portsmouth's entrance at the same time, you normally wouldn't get that close out of choice.

Played with the saturation a bit as the colour in the original was pretty dull, but did it a bit too much really which is where the grain has come from.