ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Focus could have been a lot better, but i still love the stupid expression on his face!

So hard to get a good picture when he won't stay still for 30 seconds.

6149296897_998dda6ac0_z.jpg

I like that Christ picture by Adam.R

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
323814_274742222555873_210887622274667_1048065_264991906_o.jpg

Canon 400D
Standard 55-80mm
Slow shutter as you can see from the blurry dude

Darkened it a little using the levels tool to make blacks blacker.

E85 3.0i
By no means a great photo, it's noisy as hell... but good times in one of my favourite places to be...

DSC_0048.jpg

And another that I just find amusing...

DSC_0193.jpg

Must practice more...

RIP Dan
Cheers, it was pure luck as all the others that way were fcuked due to the sun.

Heres the only other decent(ish) one which I like....

6150537037_da8eca8c15_b.jpg

Goldies by BullyJersey1970, on Flickr

Whilst the waves don't look that big, they were around 4-5ft high (not surfers measurement which is different) but they were breaking in less than waist deep water. I took some nasty poundings and nearly popped my shoulder in one of them.
Went in another spot earlier and the rip was so bad I had to get out, only got a couple of crap shots and took the glass axe on the head multiple times.

The most annoying part was taking snaps from the shore of surfers and having my camera seat to 3200 shutter speed instead of 1250. Would have had some great shots but they are just fcuked now.

RIP Dan
Bensambrook, where and what did you get?

Adam, they are not hard to take. I have one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PowerShot-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B001T9NH7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316205743&sr=8-1

T
hey took VAT off so about £180 at the time ( a bit more now).

Then all you need is somewhere local to get in the water. I usually take around 100 shots to get 1 or 2 decent ones, the trouble with point and shoot is lack of control. But for £180 it's fine. A housing for an SLR is mega bucks and waterproof rigs are too.

The only other thing I would say is good local knowledge about the type of waves. I knew these were going to be hollow and had been reading weather charts for a few days before to know when the swell was going to hit, with the correct wind direction. For once I got it exactly right!! Or the weatherman did lol. I went to a certain spot here at a certain time which only a local would know. In fact I went to 2 different places as the first place absolutely mullered me, it was too dangerous.

This time of year is prime as the Autumn swells are going to hit, and its still warm enough to get in the water. I have spent far too many winters surfing so no way am I going in in Jan/Feb anymore!!

You could just stand up to your waist and take pics of small waves from the side, it works quite well. Be careful of your camera though, easy to get caught out ;-)

Thanks for the positive comments too.

Nice one, didn't realise it was only taken on a point and shoot! Excellent photos.

I'll definitely have a look in to this. Not many waves around my way though, biggest we get are about knee height.

Keep them coming, I love photos of the sea.

RIP Dan
Ordered the tube now, got my bro in law in Scotchland to get it for me.

Thanks to Symon for the offer of getting it for me and posting it on.:star:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
The tubes are cool, takes some fiddling with but get's some decent quality pictures for £4.99. Be sure to post up the results :)

GR7

Shiny red R32
On-a-dark-day-7-red-arrows-shine by GeordieClio, on Flickr

Taken at the great north run, looked like it was gonna chuck it down but after 15 minutes it cleared up and the red arrows did another fly over!

6159167423_31e8ec1664_z.jpg

7-red-arrows-cleared-the-grey-skies by GeordieClio, on Flickr

I love this picture from Sunday and knowing Eggman's sister Kerry, and Chris Red 2, it was a tough day for them... and wasn't Emma Egging so courageous at the start of the race while the Reds flew above her... she looked like she needed a big hug!
What a courageous lady she is!

Here's a pic I took the other day whilst out with my dogs! The field is sloping in case you think the angle is wrong!

ACOWEATINGGRASS850.jpg

Last edited:
  Mk2 ph1 clio
I love this picture from Sunday and knowing Eggman's sister Kerry, and Chris Red 2, it was a tough day for them... and wasn't Emma Egging so courageous at the start of the race while the Reds flew above her... she looked like she needed a big hug!
What a courageous lady she is!

Here's a pic I took the other day whilst out with my dogs! The field is sloping in case you think the angle is wrong!

ACOWEATINGGRASS850.jpg

It was really nice to see them and the way the paid tribute to their friend! The lone red stream rising above them!
I've always had an interest in the red arrows so it's even more enjoyable to see them!