ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Mk2 ph1 clio
5835632163_86fb036926_z.jpg

Hareshaw linn by GeordieClio, on Flickr

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Stunning shot Riad, saw it on Flickr. I reckon it'd look even better with the van shopped out ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome colours ^

One from FCS...only took six pictures, lol!

5832973147_0d59c37894_z.jpg

Anyone know the car?

Definitely better without the van, although I think the warm tint (colour temp) on the original provides a bit more feel to the photo....

Qashcow
Glad you did that 3rd one riad, I've kept quiet about when I saw it in here and the Le mans thread, mostly because it's inspiring me to get back out there for that 'one' photo

Yes 3rd pic is best, a centimetre more background on the right would have given a better balance so if you have cropped it you could try v.4 ;)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took this one last weekend at a horrible race. One of the only one's i was slightly happy with.
5825293878_fdeec0c60a_z.png

Took this one whilst doing a training excercise with RAF Valley Rescue 122.
5839456523_4aabc7494b_z.png

Merc A class
Yes 3rd pic is best, a centimetre more background on the right would have given a better balance so if you have cropped it you could try v.4 ;)

No mate its how it was taken was travelling at speed and i spotted the opportunity last minute!

drhowser

1. Not in focus, cut the reflections with a polarising filter next time, dont crop so tight on the top. get all that right though and i'm still not sure it would be an interesting subject as shot.

2. Potential to be epic with that reflection. If you had straightened the angle you could have had the border of the oil slick all around the lower part of the photo without having so much 'dead space' in the bottom left corner. I would have gone lower too rather than shooting from what waist height?

lift number 1 @ btm
Cheers dude,

With the first one, I was trying to have the reflection on the face in focus, the background is thrown out with the dof. I find that the reflection draws me into the picture and quite like it, but wondered what other people thoughts.
The other is actually shot quite low, at least as low as the tripod allows. I know what you mean about framing it, but it was the reflection I was after again, I was wanting some of the sunrise and some of the darker sky. It's water by the way, the colour is from the sky and being in a pretty dark environment.

Thanks a lot though, it's hard to be objective with your own stuff.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Cheers dude,

With the first one, I was trying to have the reflection on the face in focus, the background is thrown out with the dof. I find that the reflection draws me into the picture and quite like it, but wondered what other people thoughts.

I found the same as you but agree with the cropping point.

Getting my DSLR in the next couple weeks. Looking forward to feedback.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Rather than start a stupid thread.... i've just got a Flickr account and can't figure out for the life of me how to get the picture and description to show like paul_g's done :(