ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I do love my fixed 50mm lens.

5681824872_3732245491.jpg

DSC_0029 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Couple from last year that I don't think I've posted. These are straight off the camera, no editting or processing yet.

4902355113_04ab8b8c24_z.jpg

4902352115_a4d733be52_z.jpg

A little bit dark. I think the Stigma and a couple of anthers are just in focus.

IMG_0131.gif

Doesn't look real, it is of course! Blows me away every time I see it against the general back drop of old Manchester.

Nice picture! Brings back memories, stayed in the top floor of the Hilton there :) amazing views and room.

Qashcow
Revels, from what I've learnt with doing the ones with Shadowness it doesn't look too bad, we use a 4 second shutter speed (I think) and various filters too. Practice makes perfect :)

^ Great shot. A 10 stop filter would have made an interesting photo though ;)

Where was your point of focus btw? It's nice to see a photo like that with all of the foreground in focus. Did you use hyper focal distancing?

Nippy white cup
Just took this of my girlies on Sunday. Was a struggle to get them to keep still hence the focus but I like it :)

Beats paying ££££ at Venture lol

Girls2.jpg

Mk2 ph1 clio
^ Great shot. A 10 stop filter would have made an interesting photo though ;)

Where was your point of focus btw? It's nice to see a photo like that with all of the foreground in focus. Did you use hyper focal distancing?

I wish i had a 10stop filter, the welding glass produces some horrible lines across the photos so i wont be using that again! but the leebig stopper is a bit outta my price range atm!

I used manual focus and conecntrated on getting the end of the boards in focus IIRC this was taken at f16

This was more of a test for me to work out how to choose which filter will work best. The metering showed a difference of about 4 stops between the ground and the sky so i used a 4stop hard grad which worked quite well.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Interesting! I will more than likely end up with a set of Lee filters but for now im playing around using some Kood filters. I still prefer wildlife atm but lndscapes are starting to take over!

Looking at some more L glass to, the kit lenses just aint sharp enough!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Yep, which is why i played with cheaper ones first... to see if i enjoyed it!

I've invested all my money on wildlife tbh, 300 prime, the 1D body 1.4tc but nothing in the way of landscapes.. not anymore! Come june i will have the canon EF 17-40 F4L :) Lee filters will follow shortly after!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Messing about in the garden before I go for a ride:

DSC5112.jpg

EVERY photography needs a Manfrotto 035 clamp and tripod head combo. They rock! You can attach it to anything (within reason!)

I hope to get on a proper trail and do it again, but don't want to take my camera on a ride :(

Agree'd #035 does the job... Flogging mine if it's of use peeps...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220780853548&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Got the Mount and Suction pump for Track days (where allowed) too :)