ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Qashcow
Emma says the lines aren't straight, talk to the farmer!

I say it looks great, am getting back into the camera now too so might get something good enough to post up

Suzuki Jimny
Went for a walk up a mountain yesterday in Abergavenney, took some photos of crazy people.

5653724374_f569fd0c32.png

IMG_1909 by mattwillcox, on Flickr

Also spotted a Ferrari in my local pubs carpark :)

5653635006_95b9706e5d.jpg

IMG_1846 by mattwillcox, on Flickr

197 FF Glacier White
IMG_0131.gif

Doesn't look real, it is of course! Blows me away every time I see it against the general back drop of old Manchester.

Qashcow
2009_07_09_1099.jpg

i tried changing the colour of the sky but am really not very good with PS yet, learning all the time though..

2011_04_14_4147copy.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took this on Sunday, pretty much full zoom. Didn't come out as crisp as i would have liked but not too bad for my first attempt at catching the "roost"
5658764715_f9e5d9a1e9_z.png

And this was one of my first tracking shots. Again, didn't come out great but the more i do, the better they will be (hopefully). I think i need a longer shutter speed for this one.
5659348870_f4b146dca2_z.png

Love the Beagle shots! (Beagle owner/lover myself)

Went out to try that location I found while walking the dog. The sunset wasn't as good as I was hoping, but I shall return when it looks as if it'll be better!

DSC4770.jpg

Liking the waterscapes on this page :)

First attempt at star trails! It didn't go so well, mostly because I'm still trying to get my head around Nikon's interval timing function!!

Star-Trail_1.jpg

Fiesta ST-3
Liking the waterscapes on this page :)

First attempt at star trails! It didn't go so well, mostly because I'm still trying to get my head around Nikon's interval timing function!!

Star-Trail_1.jpg

Cracking shot Dan. I wish my Nikon had interval timing function built in. How many shots over what exposures layered is that mate?

That was 93 photos (30s each) over a 45 min period.

Just this second I've figured out how to get it to do what I originally wanted it do to lol! I might try again tonight, not sure yet.

Messing about in the garden before I go for a ride:

DSC5112.jpg

EVERY photography needs a Manfrotto 035 clamp and tripod head combo. They rock! You can attach it to anything (within reason!)

I hope to get on a proper trail and do it again, but don't want to take my camera on a ride :(

Yep. NDx8 filter, and 1 second shutter speed.

IMAG0111.jpg

Couldn't have been an easier shot to do. It would look 100x better if the bike was on a proper trail though. I rode an awesome one today, might go back tomorrow.

2.2 bar shed.
Went out and bought another lens to complete my king crop combo.

222609_10150577757425405_509225404_18240677_879648_n.jpg

17 - 55 2.8 IS. IS on it is fantastic, hand holding half second exposures is doable at 17mm. I'll be taking it back though as it just doesnt quite work for me. Renders some fantastic photos though....

228072_10150577758585405_509225404_18240700_4904062_n.jpg

End of the day I need to go full frame and quit f**king around.

Shadowness... Loving the bike shot above :)

Quick question, with the 1 second shutter speed how fast was the bike actually moving in that image? Complete photo newbie and I have heard that the illusion of speed can actually be generated by moving fairly slowly with long shutter speed.

Cheers, Sam

Thanks.

I wasn't actually on the bike. I just had my hands on the bars and pushed it very slowly. A VERY slow walking pace, if you go too fast the camera shakes too much.