ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Clio Mk2 Ph2
5502432717_7a7714690b_z.jpg

Stream by Lucaio., on Flickr

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Lets take this picture for example.

Now clearly the focus is on the daisies. Now bare with me. If I got to take a shot straight on the little green focus part comes up, do you guys move that without moving the camera?

Or is the camera picking up the object closest?

Noob/

What camera have you got, Gally ?

I think I focused on the daisies then moved it up to compose properly (rule of thirds, innit), but I cant really remember.

Meta-data says:

5616488045_fbd0d0fdd0_z.jpg

Exif for info:

Camera Canon EOS 7D
Exposure 0.02 sec (1/50)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 24 mm
ISO Speed 100
Exposure Bias 0 EV
Flash Off, Did not fire

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Loller at compose! I need to study more!

I have a lumix FZ38 some pics of mine... Most at full zoom (animals)

P1040153.jpg

P1040154-1.jpg

P1040148.jpg

P1040164.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
North Welsh coast. They quite like wind turbines to dry off on. There was also a couple on the rocks as i was making my way back in to the harbour but i was busy working then.
I've always got my camera with me. Trying to make good use of the 55-250.

I'll get them soon though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Isnt Skomer island somewhere close to you then? Im sure you can get pretty damn close to them there! Its full of puffins too towards the end of the month

South Wales that is. There are a few decent places round here though, Puffin island by Anglesey has a lot of good wildlife on there. I just need another boat as i doubt work will let me borrow theirs....
Plus, you shot a shag right? Its cormrants i've been looking at on the windfarms

CLIO Iceberg 172
5629149412_9aac8bbd60_b.jpg

I still havn't figured out this upload lark lol anyway here is one i took today.. i removed the green back ground by desaturating it but the red is as shot.

CLIO Iceberg 172
did that lol all my images are based on flicker but when ever i try to bring them into here using the add image from url thing it just wont have it userly but i grabbed this url from the grab image info and that worked.