ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice Niall!

A few from Classic Ford on Sunday, taken on my new 35mm f1.8:

14145080068_45f1429d9e_c.jpg
Classic Ford Show-51 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

14145525357_ce86e0a687_c.jpg
Classic Ford Show-64 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

14144593639_a5170799ee_c.jpg
Classic Ford Show-19 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Another from me, shot on the backup camera d700 with the 85mm 1.4 attached, probably brakes every rule wedding photographers try to stick to with regards to highlights etc..I am loving being creative at the minute!

There is some stunning work up in here at the minute, keep up the work people. Also are people also displaying their work on FB pages etc ?

14313406506_3b0a217c12_b.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I like that, something different from the norm!

Hope my wedding pictures come out as good as the ones you're doing, my photographer seems pretty s**t hot so fingers crossed!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I like that Matt. Something different which is good to see with wedding photography.

I've set up a Facebook page but don't do much on it at the moment. Really need to sort out online stuff.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Cheers chaps, I follow a lot of US based togs who do very different styles to most of the uk photographers so I am just trying to push the boundaries with different styles and separate myself from the rest.

I do a lot on Facebook, but have only really pushed it over the last month or so, its difficult to keep the content added but you can gain work through social media.
Scrooge who have you booked? Its a minefield out there, I am sure you will be super happy with whoever you have chosen.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's a friend of the wench's Dad, he's retired but been doing it for years. Has no online porfolio :( apparently he has far too much work coming in and what with the prints he has no time to do uploads and stuff. Seeing his work though I was very impressed, likes to try new things too, which was a surprise. Seems incredibly prepared and thorough too. Can't wait to see his results!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Just shoot in whatever style you want, Matt. Photography is subjective after all. I tend to find some people’s style on Talk Photography and suchlike a bit ‘safe’ and conservative, if the image has any distortion or sun flare, or anything relatively edgy they say it’s terrible.

As for Facebook pages and suchlike, my social media pages can be all found at the bottom of the home page - http://niallleaphotography.co.uk

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Just shoot in whatever style you want, Matt. Photography is subjective after all. I tend to find some people’s style on Talk Photography and suchlike a bit ‘safe’ and conservative, if the image has any distortion or sun flare, or anything relatively edgy they say it’s terrible.

As for Facebook pages and suchlike, my social media pages can be all found at the bottom of the home page - http://niallleaphotography.co.uk

I do to try and shoot in whatever style I want or can I love being creative and thats the reason I love photography, I am think of silly ways in which I can make a photo different. I hate following what other people say and playing it safe, I stay away from talk photography for that reason and have done for many years. If you don't dare to be different and think out side of the box then what separates you from anyone else!!

My Facebook page is - https://www.facebook.com/matthewlawrencephotos

Your site has got some great work on it, I wish I was shooting stuff like you are when I was 16, i only picked up a camera when I was 18.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I do to try and shoot in whatever style I want or can I love being creative and thats the reason I love photography, I am think of silly ways in which I can make a photo different. I hate following what other people say and playing it safe, I stay away from talk photography for that reason and have done for many years. If you don't dare to be different and think out side of the box then what separates you from anyone else!!

My Facebook page is - https://www.facebook.com/matthewlawrencephotos

Your site has got some great work on it, I wish I was shooting stuff like you are when I was 16, i only picked up a camera when I was 18.

Exactly, I think it really ruins an otherwise fantastic forum. I prefer this photography section on here in terms of the people etc, just on there it’s way more extensive.

I gave it a like the other day, loving the recent work!

Cheers man, hopefully I’ll be progressing a bit faster after leaving school tomorrow, I should have a lot more freedom which will open doors for me.

330Ci cab
Exactly, I think it really ruins an otherwise fantastic forum. I prefer this photography section on here in terms of the people etc, just on there it’s way more extensive.

I gave it a like the other day, loving the recent work!

Cheers man, hopefully I’ll be progressing a bit faster after leaving school tomorrow, I should have a lot more freedom which will open doors for me.

scrap that, just seen.

jesus your good with a camera! haha

That is a lovely shot Matt it's warm and fuzzy and shows emotion etc, it's not a sterile razor sharp boring portrait and it's all the better for it. Niall, I too find people on TP very stifled with the technical side and literally only happy to shoot very safe done to death scenes.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
That is a lovely shot Matt it's warm and fuzzy and shows emotion etc, it's not a sterile razor sharp boring portrait and it's all the better for it. Niall, I too find people on TP very stifled with the technical side and literally only happy to shoot very safe done to death scenes.

I've just given you a like on Facebook Matt - Your work is fantastic.

Cheers chaps :D

I keep posting in here because I like the crowd of people, there really are some skilled photographers on this forum.

Another like here and some really great photos on there, Matt!

I've barely taken any photos in months.
Keep following the thread to see the work of others and there really are some great shots on a variety of subjects. :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You must be good at photography if you manage to make liverpool look as beautiful as that ;). Both very good pics.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Aaron that cat shot is awesome, I don't even like cats that much but that would make an awesome PC background.

Niall, they are crackers, love the colour in the second one!

Cheers @Raid, I have been following your page for quite a while now :)

Really like the Liverpool shots, Niall.
Are you going to the Gumball event in Manchester tomorrow?

One from me taken at a 1940s weekend locally at the end of May.

14178585519_40e0b58016_z.jpg

The F40 was with Supercar Driver rather than Gumball and I think the driver is local so didn't head down to London.
Love the shot of the DB5, such a fantastic car!