ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

What aren't you happy about mate?

If I had to critique it I would say there are too many distractions in the photo to make the couple really standout. Having them against those upright railings on the right could have made a nice high contrast style shot.

Your right, there's an awful lot going on. I think that might be it, as it was supposed to place emphasis upon the "couple" (Me and the Mrs lol) and the photo is very busy.

I think I have a few from the railing. Might process a few more this evening.

Another square from Gloucester Quay.

7136002511_1476f21dee.jpg

Sabrina by Brazo76, on Flickr

A great shot would be that bridge straight on (so you can only see the horizontal and vertical lines) in silhouette against a nice sunset.

Absolutely. The daft thing is, the last time I was down that way we had an amazing sunset, huge full moon and perfect conditions to grab such a shot. I didn't have time though :(

Bloody hell, they are so good!

Any filters used on the photo top of this page to bring out the colour and "smoothness" of the sky? Or just some good PP?

Cheers dude. A graduated ND filter was used. Only a cokin p, none of the fancy Lee ones! I cannot recall whether it was a 0.3, 0.6 or 0.9 though :eek: I suspect a 0.3

Thought as much! Really is stunning that top picture. My favourite of the lot I think and I don't normally go for yellowy coloured overtones.

Thanks too for all the comments on Flickr from the cs crew. I do have the full reflection in that shot Sam but love the square format so cropped it!

Right that's it! I've got no plans for this evening, so I'm heading there for some night shots.

Can you walk almost anywhere? Is anything restricted?

I might just park up somewhere and aimlessly walk around.

Dan you can wander nearly everywhere. Park in the red circle on this map. Its the visitors car park of Gloucester city Council and is free after 7pm. I have marked afew zones in green where I shot from but I know you'll find better ones!

Glos.jpg

I stuck to my guns and made it out there, didn't stay too long, and I think I got there a little late, as the nice sky was just about clearing.

DSC6340.jpg

DSC6344.jpg

DSC6354.jpg

I will be back there on a nice semi cloudy day to take some daytime long exposures, should suit that location pretty well i think.

I like the moody B&W Scott. Composition is spot on. Did you try your big stopper as those clouds would make a great long exposure?

Sharpness is slightly lacking in the original image Scott, F5,6 would have got everything in focus at 10mm and given a sharper image than f11.

Fiesta ST-3
Cheers Brazo. Yea I used the 10 stop. I have censor dust that needs cleaning so every time I used the ten stop it was showing up. I was taking the picture for a work colleague so didn't really have all that much enthusiasm for the set.

A_Cro, nice shot, maybe could benefit from a little contrast boost though?

Here's a few snaps from Morocco so far, all taken with the trusty iPhone :)

84d4c64e9a0f11e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

462ab122987211e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

1c105564986711e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

And quite a nice view on the flight over:

190b50aa97c011e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

Hope to get some more tomorrow evening :)