ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

You're going to struggle to come up with anything amazing at a car show, especially one like Trax.

Get out there doing shots like that reflection shot, as that looks very good to me.

Trax was s**t you won't have any argument from me on that front but of the several hundred snaps I took a few came out ok. Not a patch on the shots you guys pull off though.

Mk2 Golf gti
:)

6911591702_3a034f2e69_z.jpg

Gerbera. by adele_90, on Flickr

I like that Adele if i was being picky i'm not sure how much critical sharpness you have but iirc you use a macro filter rather than a lens?

Nice shot Turkish :cool:

Fiesta ST-3
Great shot Dan. I prefer 1 over 2 as I can see the stitching lines of the 6 images. What filter did you use? I'm always envious of your blues and whites, I just can't nail them.

Guess I'm being dim. My brain can't work out the process to create it. :(

Take a photo of your hand with your phone, ensure it's life size, I.e. your fingers should be as big on screen as in real life. Display picture on phone. Hold phone in hand and arrange fingers to match screen. Having already set up your main camera aim and fire.

Qashcow
^just like that. The hardest part is getting the first object the right size. I must have taken about 25shots my first attempt

Mk2 Golf gti
I like that Adele if i was being picky i'm not sure how much critical sharpness you have but iirc you use a macro filter rather than a lens?

Yeah was taken with some cheap screw on filters i got ages ago off ebay, they always make the focus a bit soft!

^ I wouldn't say that. Looks great!

I'd love to try a twist on that shot and put the horizon bang in the middle, then flip it horizontally, so the reflection is upright.

I agree, great shot.

Seoul is great, Dan. I've had some great times up there!

Talking about flipping horizontally, I was doing just that on Sunday morning with this shot!

6920916816_e645d196f0_z.jpg

Optical Illusion by v15ben, on Flickr

Last edited:
  Looking for 182
A couple I took of my missus. I'm not sure about the processing on the second one, I know what I was aiming for, but I didn't quite get it right. I think I need to reduce the reds a little, I'll probably have another play with it tonight.

JPrWV.jpg

wxCjo.jpg

I must admit I thought that might be the case. My old mac really laboured trying to edit RAW files but now I've got the new one I honestly can't see why I'd need jpg's.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Some pics from the Gadget Show Live yesterday...

(Watermarked as they are on sale elsewhere)

Nikon D300 ISO 800 F2.8

7065850869_47f804dff6_z.png

7065852733_25cbafbde4.png

Nikon D7000 ISO 500 F2.8

6919771778_322b5bf2d5.png

ISO 640 F2.8

7065847965_51588df999_z.png

The D7000 sh*ts on the D300 for ISO, no noise at ISO 800 :)

Looking for 182
Nice shots Squirrel, prefer the colour version though. Good editing on the eyes.

Thanks dude. Yeah, I usually 'dodge' the colour part a little, and 'burn' the darker outside bits of the eyes, as well as around the eyelids and stuff, it really makes the eyes pop.

I f**king hate photography sometimes. The one evening I don't go out and the sunset is epic AGAIN!

Managed to get a few iPhone pics though.

88a21b36840811e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

This is a bit HDR for me...

9caa8b54840811e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

RB 182
Some crackers uploaded again. It's been miserable here all weekend so been editing old photos....

Here's another one of a sunset over Keswick from Ashness jetty on Derwentwater....the last one seemed to do well, which was a 4 minute exposure....this one is a 6 minute exposure, which has captured a lot more red in the sky....I didn't think this was workable due to the high amounts of noise in the image, but the new Lightroom 4 noise reduction is fantastic....

7065773457_93b68e3ff4_c.jpg

6 minutes by Martin Steele., on Flickr

This isn't a pic I know, but I'm not starting a new thread just for this.

I finally got round to using the iTimelapse Pro app, so I set the phone up in our boardroom which has a decent view of things. I set it up roughly on a chair, as I'm yet to make a stand for the phone, hence the wonky horizon.

This was about an hour of frames I think.

It did take up about 2GB of memory on my phone, but after it was created I copied it into iMovie on my mac then deleted off my phone. Simples. Hope to play about with this a lot more, especially if I can make a simple and small stand for the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
  RB 182
^Stunning.

Only C+C I can give is the weird halo effect around the poles, I assume that's something to do with the noise removal maybe?

Yeah I noticed that too....it's not on the original shot on the laptop, yet when it uploaded to Flickr they appeared....normally happens with a lot of sharpening, and i've always noticed Flickr seems to sharpen images a tad on uplaod, so can only assume that's what's happened here....

The timelapse is awesome mate! Might give it a go on the phone too....my mate is well into his timelapses, and is s**t hot at them....will dig his out on youtube later.

Just about to buy a neat little tripod adapter for the iPhone, and I'll probably get a normal gorilla pod too, as that attaches to anything! Will be proper useful when I'm travelling.