ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I haven't been in one for a little while and I love the sound, scoobies are guilty pleasure of mine.

I started off yet another project this week. Only a 52 this year though which starts with this:

6644098065_3b1b5622e2_z.jpg

Taehwa River by v15ben, on Flickr

Borrowed a D40x off my dad this week as photography is something I really wanna get in to, I'm struggling a bit but getting the theory now a lot better than I was. Any C+C on this would be much appreciated, I like the idea of taking close up, macro and bokeh shots but only have a 18-55mm lens for the moment.

How do I embed a photo straight from flickr?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesufc90/6646831513/

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice pics Rob! Clean the windscreen before you do it again though ;)

Shush you !

Borrowed a D40x off my dad this week as photography is something I really wanna get in to, I'm struggling a bit but getting the theory now a lot better than I was. Any C+C on this would be much appreciated, I like the idea of taking close up, macro and bokeh shots but only have a 18-55mm lens for the moment.

How do I embed a photo straight from flickr?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesufc90/6646831513/

Go to the pic, hit 'Share', then 'Grab the HTML/BBCode', 'Medium 640' is normally enough. Copy/paste, voila:

6646831513_aa1cc32c4c_z.jpg

Badge by MikeSufc172, on Flickr

Top photos Rob! Reckon we should sort out a SE photo meet (*read I'll tag along and learn some skillz)

Thanks chap.

Feel free to PM me anything you want, or find me on bookFace. Not sure how a photo meet would work, depending on the subject but give it a go I guess !

Cheers mate, I did try that but didn't seem to work just pasted the html code into the message. Does it need wrapping in img tags?

Not sure how a photo meet would work

No me neither really (although I think the welsh/west lot were organising one at some point). I was hoping something along the lines of you "Mr Miyagi" me "Daniel-san"... Plus any others who want to tag along for a proper geekfest

I started the idea of a meet in S Wales yeh, but it was a nightmare to get a date that everyone could do. Might try one again soon, I'd like to visit the coast there again soon.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, I did try that but didn't seem to work just pasted the html code into the message. Does it need wrapping in img tags?

You need to paste the BB code not the HTML :) Make sure you've got BBCode ticked under the code on Flickr.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Skating is by far my favourite thing to shoot but I never get chance to, its controlled by too many factors such as work, weather, spots being a bust and being to lazy to skate/walk to a spot as we can all drive.

Other day I charged all my batteries for a fresh start to the year and got this :)

af 50mm 1.8 on an AF-s body. proper man.

6661791637_956a8f68c6_z.jpg

robnosegrind12 by ipodsandguns, on Flickr

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Skating is by far my favourite thing to shoot but I never get chance to, its controlled by too many factors such as work, weather, spots being a bust and being to lazy to skate/walk to a spot as we can all drive.

Other day I charged all my batteries for a fresh start to the year and got this :)

af 50mm 1.8 on an AF-s body. proper man.

robnosegrind12 by ipodsandguns, on Flickr

Really like this shot, I grew up skating and properly miss it. Got a new set up last summer but barely used it, I've got too much to loose if I tweak an ankle :(

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Had the missus's 21st this weekend, and for anyone who frequents the 'Things I don't like' thread, they'll know how well and truely battered I was.

Nevertheless, I managed to snap this, which I'm pretty happy with.

6666156705_d4a7b9ffc9_z.jpg

Managing to make a tiny cricket club look like Ibiza ftw!

However, shooting lazers ftl. I've properly fucked my sensor I think, the camera isn't exposing correctly :(

Don't get drunk and play with lazers kids, you'll end up with a fubar'd SLR. Expensive mistake.

Cupra
Had the missus's 21st this weekend, and for anyone who frequents the 'Things I don't like' thread, they'll know how well and truely battered I was.

Nevertheless, I managed to snap this, which I'm pretty happy with.

Managing to make a tiny cricket club look like Ibiza ftw!

However, shooting lazers ftl. I've properly fucked my sensor I think, the camera isn't exposing correctly :(

Don't get drunk and play with lazers kids, you'll end up with a fubar'd SLR. Expensive mistake.

There was a post on POTN a while ago from somebody who fried the sensor on their 5DII while filming a concert. It got swiped with a laser and had a burned black line across each shot.

Andycon from here also has a point and shoot that is well and truely fried from shooting his lasers IIRC.

Qashcow
I noticed it on the iPhone so it's not mine. I really need to get out more with the camera, got a new camera/lens bag for Christmas and still haven't even transferred the kit into it :(

Took this today and am very pleased with it so thought I'd share it with you guys and girls.

6669633517_78fac2c288_b.jpg

Ranworth by RichPhotography24, on Flickr

It is slanted yes, if I may be so bold to offer some other C&C

It doesn't appear especially sharp? The shutter speed was 1 second was it handheld or blurred ever so slightly? Watch the corners, bottom right has something in it, try not to place horizon in middle of frame as compositionally it doesn't always work. If you shot in raw I would try and up the contrast a little or reduce exposure in the sky.

Theres a little white blob approx halfway in from the left and about 2 inches up from the bottom. Could be flare or dirt on sensor/lens?