ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Finally managed to upload this one to Flickr. Took 8 attempts! Another from this morning.

6388386161_393e646b6b_z.png

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I'm new to dslr camera's and this was the first time I've messed about with the settings, so be easy on me :eek:

6401742671_81d142e64d_b.jpg

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
  Fiesta ST-3
I'm new to dslr camera's and this was the first time I've messed about with the settings, so be easy on me :eek:

6401742671_81d142e64d_b.jpg

I think the actual technical skills involved with taking that picture are spot on. Next time, try and consider composition. A bit more central to the motor way and without the railing in the bottom right ans that would be a super shot.

Saw that in the paper, gunna go check it out tomorrow, looks amazing

It's fantastic, completely open as well so you can walk around and through it. Only on 4-7pm but we got lucky as they didn't get around to turning them off till 8pm last night, it was completely empty.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I think the actual technical skills involved with taking that picture are spot on. Next time, try and consider composition. A bit more central to the motor way and without the railing in the bottom right ans that would be a super shot.

Cheers fella, I could have just cropped the pic to get the railing out of the shot, but I was just being lazy. I'm going to attempt it next on an unlit part of the motorway and will get a more centralised shot then :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you :) I used a Samyang 8mm lens with a 20 second exposure, the fireworks were going off in the background so I wanted to get them involved in the picture. I'd of liked them to be more prominent but they weren't the best fireworks.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
On Saturday I went to the Grassington Dickensian Festival.

It was such a good day out, its like another world up there. Everyone joins in, they close the whole village down for the festival 3 Saturdays at Christmas and everyone dresses in their dickensian clothes and helps raise loads of money for local charities. Its packed full of people who visit too, I went twice before about 10 years ago and it has always been busy, really difficult to take pictures as everyone keeps getting in your way! I sampled a fair few glasses of mulled wine to keep warm and tried a not so traditional kangaroo burger too!

So nice to see a community doing such a thing, something that would never happen closer to the cities.

Anyway, took a few of pictures, here's a couple I liked:

6468521493_75e1851e0e_z.jpg

Children Around The Fire by mjenic, on Flickr

6468524121_0637492e2f_z.jpg

Man by mjenic, on Flickr

6468526775_c1ef62399b_z.jpg

He's Not Looking by mjenic, on Flickr