ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Fiesta ST-3
5917778063_ccede0d6b3_z.jpg

2011 07 09_1003_edited-2 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Mk2 ph1 clio
Thanks guys. You could spend 2.5k on a camera and still produce crap images if you didn't understand how to you it! I know people using canon 400D's that put some 5Dmkii owners to shame!

Dan I love that last shot, will do well in this months comp! Adele I seen yours on flickr! Some really nice uploads lately!

Bomber that first pics a corker!

Qashcow
See what you mean brazo, may not be the same picture if it was actually straight saying that :p

Cheers Geordie, I'd like to get a decent 300mm lens but can't justify 4 figures in the near future

Dan those photos are brilliant, massive fan of all your stuff!!

Couple from me :) bit over processed but I'm still a DSLR newb who likes to play with effects!!

I don't think either of these shots are wide enough and as a result I was unable to crop the images parallel to the horizon, lesson learned though!

s2.jpg

s1.jpg

Where were those pics Wick, nice little break out there on the reef.

Mauritius, just got back from my Girlfriends sisters wedding! Nice break but the coral was lethal!!

Nice pics but your horizon is not level. All that processing and you didn't do the horizon :rasp:

I don't think either of these shots are wide enough and as a result I was unable to crop the images parallel to the horizon, lesson learned though!

:eek: Newbie alert!! I had literally filled the frame up with so much photo subject that I had run out of rotational cropping area by the time they were processed!!

As said though, valuable lesson learned so all well and good!!

Last edited:
  RIP Dan
Ahhh Mauritius, got married there. Some great surf there.

Nice pics, I always forget about the horizon too.

Really was an amazing island! I was caught out on this occasion and normally get away with it, but am terrible for trying to fit too much into the photo, especially when using prime 50mm. I do the same with cars, portraits etc...

In future I will have to make a conscious effort to take a few steps back to make the scene that little bit wider to give me a bit more leeway when processing.

Dan those photos are brilliant, massive fan of all your stuff!!

Couple from me :) bit over processed but I'm still a DSLR newb who likes to play with effects!!

s2.jpg

Thanks.

and.....I recognise that jetty!!

DSC3524.jpg

DSC3512.jpg

Are you staying at the Hilton?

Just got back!! Really nice hotel... Nice shot's Dan (as always*) think you captured the scene slightly better than I managed to lol :eek:

Was ideal wedding venue and I managed to get some great photos of the bride and groom on the jetty!

*I'm taking notes