ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
That's lovely Brazo. Nice clean lines and strong colours.

Took these tonight on my way home, blistered my finger in the process. I had an ND filter as it was still fairly light, will be going back there one evening though, hopefully without the ND, the colours will be a bit better.

8535005158_74024bbec2_c.png

Tunnel Orbs-2 by A_Cro, on Flickr
8535008976_07be73f6dc_c.png

Tunnel Orbs by A_Cro, on Flickr

Last edited:
my feedback - skim the canal and it wont be so dirty ;)

relaistically though... fricking amazing picture.. hard to tell where the water even begins really!! :L :)

Ha cheers mate, actually its ice! I was going to clone it out but couldn't be arsed in the end!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Awesome shot! How much PP are you putting in to them photos from the point and shoot Brazo ?

Thanks Matt.

Well the dynamic range is there (more DR than a 5D mk3!) but the raw files are as flat as a pancake. The shadows can be extensively pulled. The above shot was taken with a 2 stop grad (cokin A-series) so exposure was correct but files do need a bit of work, unless you shoot jpeg and then the cam,era does it all for you!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
What are the blue patches on the photo Brazo? Like on the building on the right and in the top right of the building in the centre?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took a trip over to Media city last week after the skate park visit. Started to rain and I was getting tired. Also got lost a few times when looking for somewhere to park.

Probably a very normal shot from there but I quite like it, especially in B&W.

8540670933_899261d54f_c.png

Media City by A_Cro, on Flickr

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Love the Bridge shot A_Cro! That is a very common shot but because it’s at night and given the lovely constrasty look to it, it’s great! I tried this signature shot from the Quays but it doesn’t look good in the daytime imo, it looks too cluttered and it’s always busy.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Niall. I was really hesitant of shooting there with the weather getting a bit crap and being so tired. I spotted some good places to shoot from last time I was there but I couldn't remember where they were on Friday night! Plus the clouds were a bit shitty and boring for the long exposures over the water.
I'll be back there again though. I reckon sunrise/set would be good there providing there's decent skies.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I've seen some sunset/sunrise shots from there, very impressive stuff. You're at an advantage with your UWA too, I felt like I could do with wider than 18mm when I went the other week.

Is that the coloured light bridge at night, one that changes colour? Got some of that when I went as water was so choppy!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's the one, this one was linking the Lowry center to the big bronze/copper building.
The 10-20 definitely helped on this shot.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Niall them first two of yours are probably some of the best you have posted! Nice work!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I like them Niall although I'm not too keen on the processing of the Liver building shot. Looks like HDR (I'm not a fan of any HDR)

Took this panoramic on Saturday with my phone while i was waiting for a long exposure to come out. Chucked it in to Lightroom to crop some of the edges and boost some tones.

8567158013_d72b361124_c.png

Formation by A_Cro, on Flickr