ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Mk2 Golf gti
Beeeee

7536717974_e7928d9dd5.jpg

Bee. by adele_90, on Flickr

Disastra Coupe
Had a bit of a play with this one... I tend to stick to the same boring stuff with my shots so decided to just play a bit more with this one, still not heavily altered but more than usual:

7538989638_6e50b741d2_z.jpg

nbrota by chippen172, on Flickr

To avoid getting the walkway in the frame, there is a little 'jetty' thing that sticks out a bit further to the left, step over the chains and your good to go! NB this assumes you were just outside of St Katharines Dock.

Also the image is very soft, I suspect due to using f32 (diffraction kicks in after f11 on aps-c). Try a nd filter if you wish to slow the exposure time, hth.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Dusted off the camera and went shooting the other night around Reading. Missed not taking pictures tbh, must get out more.

Here's one I quite like:

7555088042_707a73db1b_z.jpg

2014 Focus Titanium
Wow the standard has improved in here (no offence intended to anyone!) Back when I came in here before the photos weren't anywhere near as good.

Anyway here's one from our recent visit to NYC, a panorama of Time Square. I didn't expect it to come out well at all as I just stood there and took 5 photos as quickly as possible with no tripod and it came out great (apart from a half invisible man but meh!).

7558162208_03105d2df7_b.jpg

2014 Focus Titanium
Thanks Bully. No just exposed manually, took 5 portraits shots in a row and stitched them with PS then slightly tweaked the colours.

Fiesta ST-3
Wow the standard has improved in here (no offence intended to anyone!) Back when I came in here before the photos weren't anywhere near as good.

Anyway here's one from our recent visit to NYC, a panorama of Time Square. I didn't expect it to come out well at all as I just stood there and took 5 photos as quickly as possible with no tripod and it came out great (apart from a half invisible man but meh!).

7558162208_03105d2df7_b.jpg

Love this. Would make a wicked canvas.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Had a bit of a play with this one... I tend to stick to the same boring stuff with my shots so decided to just play a bit more with this one, still not heavily altered but more than usual

This type of shot would look brilliant with a nice shallow DoF, I’d invest in a fast prime, the nifty fifty would be a great chice with it being so cheap, then pair it up with a circular polariser and the results will be stunning :)

I took this similar shot of Sebs MX5 with my 35mm F1.8

6973487589_24782d07bf.jpg

Got lows? by Niall97, on Flickr

To avoid getting the walkway in the frame, there is a little 'jetty' thing that sticks out a bit further to the left, step over the chains and your good to go! NB this assumes you were just outside of St Katharines Dock.

Also the image is very soft, I suspect due to using f32 (diffraction kicks in after f11 on aps-c). Try a nd filter if you wish to slow the exposure time, hth.

Thanks for the tip, but it wasn't by St Katharine's Dock was the other side of the river looking east.
Ive been looking to get an ND filter, haven as of yet hence the f32.

Hope to get time to give it another go, and some other sites too. Will take a look at St Katharine's Dock for sure, not been there since my work experience when i was at school!!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. The Chipmunk was on the beach, they would scramble down the cliffs, take food and bugger off back up again then repeat.

The 'Pac Man' one was at full zoom too.

Great little camera, struggles with high ISO though as I found out trying to get night shots from 38000ft coming home.

If I find out I'm flying at night again over cities/ built up areas, then my DSLR is coming just of that. The lights looked amazing!

White APE
We had just arrived! Not even my dog but my god did he leave some sand in the car. My mutt just ran around like a nut.

Arctic FF 182
Its been a while since I've had a look in this thread and my god some of the shots in here are immense!! Makes me want to get back out there again so much.

Tonys got any more of the Emirates? Love that shot you posted of Mr. Arsenal himself!