ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The insurance sweepstake! Place your bets!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, I'm 21 years old, Currently paying a fair amount on a 1.2 Dyanmique 16v with elephant uk.

I'm going to phone them later to declare 4 modifications, The modifications are:

Bee Sting Ariel
Silvervision bulbs
16" 172 Wheels
FK Coilovers

How much do you think it will cost me, Place your bets.

IF its more than a Ton she is staying standard lol!

Thanks

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
are they going 2 be able to tell the 172 wheels from standard? i wouldnt bother telling them anything.

Jag Mondeo -Type
I think it will be 100quid exactly. They will (or should) ignore bulbs and aerial. Probably 50 quid for each of the other mods. I had a few mods with elephant and they always seemed to want 50 quid for each mod?!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I think it will be 100quid exactly. They will (or should) ignore bulbs and aerial. Probably 50 quid for each of the other mods. I had a few mods with elephant and they always seemed to want 50 quid for each mod?!

Thats fine then, I'll gladly pay £50 to insure the 300bhp+ 172 Turbo Engien conversion ;)

Do you think i should just tell them about the suspension and wheels? Ignore the bulbs and Beesting?

My mate said dont bother with the wheels either, They are just stanard wheels at the end of the day, But im a Pussy :p

Its currently aboout £1400, Not entirely sure on price as i added this car to an existing policy.

PH-QUICK
you can find out exactly by using their online quote thing, its got options for mods and you can just see how much it would be with and without certain mods - i think 172 16's come under "optional extra alloys" or something

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Tell them that the wheels have no value and will be replaced at your own cost if they ever got nicked and you won't be claiming.

Worked for me on my 172.

340i
For me too declare the stainless steel exhaust system on my 172 its an extra £105!!!!! :mad: and thats with elephant!

My insurance runs out in a few days time so need to sort out a renewal.. elephant arnt being good this time around, they offered me a £60 discount which makes it a grand total of £1640 for my new premium GRRR!

Last year i only payed £1370 which i thought was sky high :eek:

golf
try bell, im going to be paying 660 fuly comp for my 1.2 and im 18 0ncb with wheels zorst lowered n tints declaired.

but thats with the 10months bonus accel.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Tell them that the wheels have no value and will be replaced at your own cost if they ever got nicked and you won't be claiming.

Worked for me on my 172.

Elephant will only replace to the value of standard parts anyway.

Tin Can with wheels
should go with Quinn Direct, i have a 1.4 dynamique 16V with all mods declared full stainless exhaust system, sports cat, lower 35mm, remaped and induction kit all for an extra . . . . nothing at all!!! seems they dont mind them(to my suprise!!!)

but back to the topic at a guess an extra say £45

White Sti Hatch
Im £46 alone for Coilovers on my Mk3 1.6 so i can only see your getting a max of £80 anything over then there ripping you off !

M

mini-valver

Flux quoted me £747 FC on mine all mods declared! That's with 1 year NCB. I wouldn't pay anymore than £500 on a 1.2 out of principal....

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Why is your insurance so expensive anyway at 21 on a 1.2?

Cause I live in a really nice road, But shares its post code with the ghetto :(

Try quotes, 21, No NCB, (but no claims) B32 3QN.

I'll have 1 yrs ncb in October, thats why im sticking with them.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
lmao just got a quote for £900 from Bell, Everywhere else was £1500+

Oh well stuck with elephant till october. Paid in full :(

Chelsea tractor
172 wheels should be classed as an "optional extra" by the way ;) Don't think you pay anything extra, it's just so they are notified that you have non-standard Renault wheels on the car.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i'm thinking of lowering me car abit, but with bell i'm only £530, 21, 1ncb, i claim, parked on street, near ghetto, 14000k, all options including drive other cars ona 12 month policy, with both parents as named drivers, just for being 21 alone should make you under a grand. i think i'll call bell at work and see what the indian guy says suspention work will cost me. they may charge a £20 admin fee for altering the policy too lol.