ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'I wish I'd never started this job/mod' thread

I don't if there is a thread already like this already but lets start one anyway!

Ill kick it off with trying to replace my scratched up heater unit, received a new one today and still can't fit it reckon I'm going to have to talk half the dash out! :(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol I felt like that around about here

6aa73f88.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Fitting buckets in my MX5 with some super low brackets.. I almost gave up, dreading removing them to fit my new cage.. tears might be shed!

When fitting coilovers to my Corsa C... Did everything fine and then couldn't get one of the bolts which attached the strut to the car, took me nearly 1.5 hours for this one bolt!

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
f**king ball joints. I should have just replaced the entire lower control arm instead. Such a massive pain in the arse.

1.5 hours for this one bolt!

That's nothing! 1.5 hours!? The bolt running through the ball joint took me SEVEN HOURS to remove on a cold November day. After 500ml+ of WD40 was used, a number of sockets rounded off, bars, extenders, a hammer, a log, a brick, lots of swearing, blood, tears, and a smashed wheel arch liner, it came off. Then and only then could I find that carparts4less gave me 172 ball joints and not 172 Cup ball joints. I definitely said "I wish I hadn't started this" when my car was stranded for 2 days and I was forced to fit this ball joint in the dark and rain.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You don't mean that! ;-)

I do. If someone offered me £2000 for it (It owes me £6000!) i'd take it. Caused me nothing but grief from day one and come quite close to causing a divorce. Several times! lol.

I do. If someone offered me £2000 for it (It owes me £6000!) i'd take it. Caused me nothing but grief from day one and come quite close to causing a divorce. Several times! lol.

Ooh s**t haha! And I thought I had it hard trying to fit a new heater! O:) what car you got?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
There are many ph1 owners that know this feeling.

It's like "ohhhhhhhh s**t, should I have really done this?"

Yep! At this point, The ph1 dash wasnt actually that bad afterall! After all this it was ripped out, Because racecar :( haha