ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

RB Clio 182
Tbh i think any bend and filter combination will give the same sound, its not these that give you the sound, its the engine, its just being filtered through the cone filter(slightly)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Evening lads!

Right so went for the ally pipe and RamAir as suggested (sounds smashing)

However, although its secure, towards the filter end it sort of moves about, could be doing with being secured!

Anyone suggest anything?

image.jpeg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I cable tied mine to the old air box stap mount. But did two so it was being pulled from both directions so is like tight and not just loose in one direction.

RS Clio 182
Hi, I did this mod as well, and impressive result[emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji1] [emoji1] .

Thanks for all the explanations and pictures that made it very easy!

I added an insulation flexible conduct trying to get the aluminum pipe a bit colder. See pic
ce384d6b9cec22f83139f25caad56561.jpg

Enviado desde mi LG-D620 mediante Tapatalk

197was/second 182is
That is my filter.... Second one as first was dinner for mouse, or something similar.... Gold tape maybe doesn't look apart, but intake temperature dropped about 15-20 deg!
FB_IMG_1465581214975.jpg

197was/second 182is
Torque, and bluetooth obd. Its stainless elbow, and it was very hot when driving, so without gold tape I had about 70-75deg intake air temperature, with its about 50-55, both driving around town in same day.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted my fatty the other day and must say is much quieter than i expected. It does roar when you floor it but it's not a constant noise. Still worth the outlay though.
I'll aet up intake temp in torque and see what I get.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My intake temp but 31deg C on the way home this morning. That gold wrap jarrs wuth me aesthetically though! Be intresting to see what temps hit on a sunny day, but that will probably have to wait until next year cos we've had it already this year.

197was/second 182is
How long you was driving? Yesterday, after half hour driving around town at 5pm so quite bit of traffic(19deg ambient temperature) I end up on 31... I'm not sure if it adds any bhp, but as far as I know colder=better. Does any of you know how much intercooler drops temperature?

Last edited:
  Clio sport 182
Since the elbow link is not available now does anyone have a link for correct ally pipe?

Does everyone still use the TALL filter?

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I fitted mine today - sounds tidy :smilingimp: - but the alloy bend got very hot after a 10 minute stop/start drive. Is this OK & to be expected?

image.jpeg