ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

Arctic 182
@Mendizmo

Its a small filter that goes to the back of the inlet if you use a silicone 90 degree bend. The silicone bend does not have a extra pipe coming off it for the breather so you have to use a pipe off the back of the inlet with a small filter.

But as your using the original bend, it already has the pipe connected so no need for the breather/crankcase filter.

Ohh I think I know what you mean. The Mini cotton 'K&N' style filters you sometimes see?
I love the look of those but as you say the kit utilises the original pipe there's no need.
Thanks mate.

squoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 FF
Hi, started fitting mine today but couldn't get the pipe out that leads from stock air-box down to below the headlight next to the NS wing. Been reading through this thread but still not sure. Any ideas?

Compared to a cheap Chinese cone filter I had, I found te Ramair pretty quite! A friend of mine also switched from a k&n cone filter to the ram air and found it much quieter. It's not just the "volume", the noise is different - With the louder filters you get a nice angry "roar", with the ramair you get a calm and smooth tone.
I was extremely curious once and drove without a filter for a minute lol - the noise is insane. Really amazing noise, not just a loud cheap noise. Feels like even with a cone filter you loss 80% of this noise. Don't do this of course, you can destroy your engine, and you will get more dirt into it than what you do in a year.
So I'm in the hunt for the loudest cone filter, can anyone share experience ?

Hi
I've just bought a 2002 Clio 172 and am trying to apply this setup.
The original pipe on ebay seems to be out of stock now (and has been for a couple of weeks now)

Can anyone propose a suitable alternative?

Thanks in advance

182 Whipppp
The same Ebay seller that is selling the silicone elbow sell the stainless steel ones, and id guess any say there wouldn't be any difference in sound too [emoji106]

190892519679 item number from ASH just incase you couldn't find it mate

I ordered - and received - a red silicone one which arrived today. Fits ok into the Cone but theres no real way of ensuring it stays in there. I'd say it will flop out when fitted (Oerr Missus)
So i've ordered a stainless steel one from that item number of yours above.

Cheers!

BG Clio 182
so Its 70mm diameter we need, but what is the actual length we need? I already have a Samco intake pipe, I just need the alloy elbow to extend it now.

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
The alloy send I linked on last page fits perfectly. Anyone else have trouble removing the hose to the acoustic valve. Was stuck on pretty tight so have left it in for now

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Have to say lads. I love this IK. Much more appealing to me than a loud exhaust. You don't get any drone unless you're basically full throttle. It's a great wee mod

Induction noise > exhaust noise. You can choose when to make it, it's only loud when you're pressing on and it sounds so much better.