ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Yip, the tops of the doors are mega thick!
I nearly killed my airsaw doing them, they're not designed for 3-4mm steel. I found a 32tpi hacksaw blade was better for the thicker stuff, but obviosuly cant make sharp turns with them.
Regards the tailgate, by all means drill out the holes you've got marked there but I wouldnt swage them, they're right on an existing swage/crease as such it will distort the edge of the boot if you try to swage them.

that was my thoughts with the tailgate, is yours just hole-sawed then?
i do have smaller hole-saws and swaggers so i will possibly approach it with those instead

Liking the grey on the Mk3 dude, looks different and a bit bland on the Lexus?

hey man,
its been too long again,

are you refering to the stripes on the lexus?
i don't want anything too OTT really

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
I've not put any holes in that bit of the tailgate, i've cut mine right down to the swage line where you've got your hole centres marked out.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I've not put any holes in that bit of the tailgate, i've cut mine right down to the swage line where you've got your hole centres marked out.

hmmm... perhaps i will not bother with those holes, i don't want the car to be like cardboard.... and not swaggering it will loose a lot of strength.

on another note i got an excited call tonight about a colour that had been spotted..... unsure myself,
I really liked the Maude grey i posted a few posts back, wondering if this is a bit dark.....

IMG_5212-Edit-900x600.jpg

IMG_5213-Edit-600x900.jpg

although it does work well with the satin black details, and would work with the yellow too.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Love the colour mate :)

Yes yes yes and some more YESSSSSSS

yes, yes, yes, yeeeeeeeeeees to THAT colour.

As the kids say, that would look BANGIN.

If you don't go with that colour, you're insane.

I am surprised in this response.... still unsure on it myself, i was thinking it was a bit dark, how dark do you think it is in comparison to yours sconey?... personally i find yours too dark and would want something lighter, but thats for my car... its all personal of course..

Can't believe your going grey :(

tuck your knickers in gorgeous....

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Did I miss something or isn't the colour name posted anywhere for the BMW? It's a little dark but it's hard to tell as it's indoors and quite dark anyway, would be nice to find some pictures of it out in the sun.

Evo 5 RS
It's lighter than mine as that is more of a blue mate (really nice one at that). Mine has always seemed dark as the bloody suns never out... looks like a completely different colour otherwise.

3p5q0043.jpg

Evo 5 RS
Did I miss something or isn't the colour name posted anywhere for the BMW? It's a little dark but it's hard to tell as it's indoors and quite dark anyway, would be nice to find some pictures of it out in the sun.

Not sure if it's even a BMW colour but looks retro, I think it's an old 70s CSL colour possibly. If I'm right I should definitely win a prize

It's lighter than mine as that is more of a blue mate (really nice one at that). Mine has always seemed dark as the bloody suns never out... looks like a completely different colour otherwise.

3p5q0043.jpg

Thats really nice man! Is that a mark on the bonnet or just the way the carbon reflects light?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Not sure if it's even a BMW colour but looks retro, I think it's an old 70s CSL colour possibly. If I'm right I should definitely win a prize

Looks like two different colours in those photos. Thought it was BMW steel grey like my z3 in the first one.

i am beginning my investigation, it is pretty helpful that my editor is the ex-editor of Performance BMW, she doesn't think it is a BMW colour.... we will see.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
still chasing the colour of the BMW but at least i now have a contact in the US....

Developments...
well no developments in the workshop this weekend, instead it was spent in the pub, in a changing room getting touched up and then in some woods getting dirty with 2 other CS members... good times,
however there has been an exciting development out of the workshop, i can't really say much at present but hopefully it will all come good.

on another note still decide on that colour....ha

ph1 172, berlingo
remember to drop in on us when your in the area mate, car will be getting mapped in the next couple of weeks i hope,

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
remember to drop in on us when your in the area mate, car will be getting mapped in the next couple of weeks i hope,

ha, when we had snow the other weekend i stopped by to see you.... but... your no longer where you were....ha

so i think i may have decided on a colour, (NOTE: not the exciting development i was talking about before)
see below

VP2_0307.jpg

4888556897_564c4239d7_b.jpg

nisei.jpg

rpmflavah01.jpg

GrigioTelestoGrey.jpg

i have the name and paint code... good times

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Larvly that is.
It's going to look sweet...Keeping the yellow details? Think it would work perfectly looking at the 'rarri

yellow details are staying yes, glad i found the ferrari, it put my mind at ease with the mix with yeloow

Yesss Neil! Looks awesome :) Look forward to hearing what the exciting development is!

cheers mate,
sorry not been in-touch the past few days, super busy

340i
Glad you've finally found the details of that colour.

It's going to look perfect with the yellow and black additions!

Qashcow
Lucy says she likes the colour. shes here with me now.

Remember, order enough paint to also my bike frame ;) im not even joking, i dont like red bikes

340i
Lucy says she likes the colour. shes here with me now.

Remember, order enough paint to also my bike frame ;) im not even joking, i dont like red bikes

Private measuring service?...

'What's your inside leg'

'About 8" Giddidy, Gigidy'

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Could always get them painted at the same time? would be cheaper.... would give you time to strip the frame down too...

No worries at all mate, no rush in the slightest i'm rammed out also :S Still working through the list ;) lol

ah no, not the list....

That is one nice colour plus yellow detailing will be cool :cool:

i hope so, its the little details that bring things together,
i need to look over your thread

TrackCar & F30 330d
Hia big balls, is your car gona be finished by Augaust any time. As I'm Booking some trackdays in Augaust and wanted to know if you might be reay then?