ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: someph-ing different...........

well as the people who attended the sw meet on friday will know the 172 is looking very sorry for itself, the exterior is looking a bit neglected with 2 different sets of wheels on and the interior is in pretty much the same state but these are all for good reason....

the borrowed wheels have just had 2 newish tyres put on the rear so these are nice and legal until my spanking new wheels come.

the interior that is not attached to the car has now be given to the flockers, i personally dropped all the bits off there and will be picking it all up thursday, i will be getting some pictures as its a pretty special place..

the flocked bits will not be going in straight away as there is a fair few other interior changes i will be making, can't wait to really push this lot through

53 Clio's & counting

sounding good chap, though when i looked at it at combe when i chatted with ya, it looked sweet enough then!

BMW E46 330i Touring

Are you going to fit 2 buckets in the back, in a proper interior style? That would be good.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Nah bruv, fire extinguishers painted blue with NOS stickers on them...

53 Clio's & counting

this will be an improvement of 100% chap i re-assure you....keep looking for them handles...lol

cant wait to see, maybe mini meet soon then?

Dont worry im now down to two boxes mate ,they GOTTA be in there!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

some great ideas coming forward, i knew that recaro baby seat i had lying around would come in handy for something.. i was planning to put it on a rotating subframe so you could look forward or back...i will see...

lol..russ, 2 boxes, keep it going son, bet there not there, could meet up if you like yeah

BMW E46 330i Touring

Two seats looking backwards out the rear window like the old Volvo's would be ace...

53 Clio's & counting

this will be an improvement of 100% chap i re-assure you....keep looking for them handles...lol

some great ideas coming forward, i knew that recaro baby seat i had lying around would come in handy for something.. i was planning to put it on a rotating subframe so you could look forward or back...i will see...

lol..russ, 2 boxes, keep it going son, bet there not there, could meet up if you like yeah

be about right with my luck mate lol, na il find them for you, and il give myself to the weekend to do it!

give me a shout when your free and we can do somethin, remember im not too far away if you ever need a hand

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

as said above there is quite a few changes going on with this car recently, even though the wheels have been ordered these will be a little while so i have been doing other bits inbetween......here goes

i was getting the problem with the trip computer, ie it was resetting everytime i got in the car, i was told this was because of the battery going down...so new battery time, this was slightly smaller than the orginal so went in quite easy....

this was ordered from www.performancebatteries.co.uk

IMG_0740.jpg

the old on the right, new on the left.

next up was all the bits that had been removed for flocking, i have been driving the car around for a week / week and a half like this

IMG_0730.jpg

without the topdash you get a heads-up display (although it is inverted and back to front...lol)

but today i went and collected all my flocked bits, to say i am happy is an understatement...

IMG_0743.jpg

dash

IMG_0744.jpg

close up of dash (dash is from a lower spec model so has the tray were the airbag use to be, nice and tidy)

IMG_0748.jpg

clock pod

IMG_0747.jpg

speaker covers from doors

IMG_0749.jpg

top of steering cowling

IMG_0750.jpg

bottom of steering cowling

these will not be going in straight away as there is a fair bit more to do, just to give you a clue....these are out

these were all down by www.getflocked.co.uk great bunch of guys there with alot of knowledge about motorsport.

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

so now i am currently rolling like this

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

can't wait for the future updates.........hope you enjoy them too

340i

Looking good Neil!!

All my parts are currently sitting in my garage waiting to be sent for flocking :dapprove:

340i

what bits you getting done??? where you sending them?

ALL of the dash...

clock/display fascia..

gear surround and ash tray cover..

Steering column cowling..

Sending it all to central blasting services, £130 + vat, which I am quite happy with :)

How much did you pay out of interest Neil? PM if you prefer!

Chocolate Bar™

ALL of the dash...

clock/display fascia..

gear surround and ash tray cover..

Steering column cowling..

Sending it all to central blasting services, £130 + vat, which I am quite happy with :)

How much did you pay out of interest Neil? PM if you prefer!

will deffo be having a look at yours to decide whether its good enough for the sub ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

you got all that i did bar i didn't get the gear housing, i am doing something with that and the door cards anyways...

340i

will deffo be having a look at yours to decide whether its good enough for the sub ;)

PAH... If it's good enough for the Gray mobile it shall be more than good enough for the sub! ;)

you got all that i did bar i didn't get the gear housing, i am doing something with that and the door cards anyways...

Yeah was 50/50 weather to get the gear housing done... But its packaged up in my "heap" of a parcel lol!

I am going CF or polycarbonate door cards, I've got a man in the know ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah was 50/50 weather to get the gear housing done... But its packaged up in my "heap" of a parcel lol!

I am going CF or polycarbonate door cards, I've got a man in the know ;)

unless i could get custom door cards in the same style as the original ones, ie to follow the contours, or i could get some nice custom carbon sheets in them i wouldn't bother....but whos to say this idea

1.won't look good and 2. be changed at a later date for something else

have some ideas for the exterior too, is there a way you can fix a front bumper on some its really easy to take on and off, but without having the fixing visable / too visable???

340i

hmmm only way I can think is the classic bonnet pin style mechanism?

one on either side of the bonnet?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup

can you not fix the front bumper on using pins in the wheel arch somehow? or have the regplate on velcro and have one behind there too? just a thought!

not sure on the technicalities but it could be done

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

have some ideas for the exterior too, is there a way you can fix a front bumper on some its really easy to take on and off, but without having the fixing visable / too visable???

like this? or still too visible?

DSC00612.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

still a bit visible for me gessus

like the idea jon, that sounds good, someone at work done it on there ax, they welded peice either side under the headlights, the bumper sat on these.. then 1 either side near the bottom and used thread bolt handles from ikea to secure them....looks like it worked real well

i really hope i can come up with something for this as i am quite excited by the idea

340i

Why would you need the bumper to be easily detachable Neil (maybe a stupidly obvious question?!)

340i

LOL... keeping the cards very close to your chest?!

I just cannot be bothered to write up a project thread, just do what I can/want when I have the spare time now days!

BMW E46 330i Touring

Dude, it doesn't snow enough in this country to fit a plough to the front...