ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Lionel Richie
Re: No Compromise ph1 ITB build (Fastcar, BTM, TDF, RS Fab) - ITB update p77

i have a pair of FK rear shocks sat in the workshop

Qashcow

Fred, i think you may be a life saver!! quite literally too lol

Lionel Richie

workshop is spotless i'll have you know!

ibiza cupra

had a tidy up then have you mate ;)

VaVa

I can introduce 5S into your workshop Fred, if you wish. For a consultancy fee, obviously. Or, you can fix my feckin wheel wobble lol :-(

It might be mess... but it's organised mess. He knows where everything is lol :cool:

Lionel Richie

no seriously, its spotless now, do you want proof?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

seeing is believing!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i don't sorry mate, we used to deal with them 3-4 years ago but stopped when we took out the range of suspension/wheels we used to do.
only thing i can suggest is contacting one of the uk distributors and see if they know to get hold of. bank holiday also messes things up :(

i got a reply from germany...got to email them back some details but i don't think i will get them quick enough

i have a pair of FK rear shocks sat in the workshop

talk to me...

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

i got a reply from germany...got to email them back some details but i don't think i will get them quick enough.

when are you off around europe again?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

on another note i had a massive list of things to do today....i started at 8 at went to a mates unit to do the work... the wheels were swapped yesterday and bumper removed so that was easy to start me off

got the car in the air and set about my first task...Dynamating the airbox.
its a shame to cover such a lovely peice of kit but its giving a little vibration so this should calm it down some...

IMG_9086.jpg

IMG_9091.jpg

IMG_9098.jpg

once the airbox was done i re-fitted the bumper and then set about the next task, first of all as the car was jacked up i removed the sparco seats and OMP harnesses, whilst i was doing this another friend turned up his car was being worked on by the units owner so he decided to help me, i gave him the job of the seats, this initially seemed easy but with the new seats turning out to be around 2cm's thinner it wasn't, however he soldiered on and got them nailed...

IMG_9103.jpg

IMG_9105.jpg

once i removed the seats and my mate set about sorting them i started work on the new brake ducts, as i no longer needed the fog light holes for induction these would be used as brake cooling ducts, i cut holes in the arch liners and fed the pipes into them straight from the fog holes...perfectly straight, (no pics sorry)

i finished the brake ducts and my mate was still working on the seats, perfect as i needed to sort a new place for the lower harness eyebolts, i drilled a hole on each outer by the sill, and then one for each side on the exhaust tunnel, i used spreader plates from demon tweeks to make sure all was safe...

IMG_9107.jpg

got that all done as my mate finished the seats, perfect timing so the new Recaro's and Schroth harnesses...went in like a gem and look spanking

IMG_9113.jpg

from then on it was just tidying up, cleaned around the engine bay etc etc...
also as the car was coming out got it up in the air and undersealed all the areas i had worked on (ie the eyebolt mountings)...pefect.

so 13 hours had passed, long day. and it was time to leave.
no more than 1/2 a mile down the road and bang, the bonnet catch releases and the bonnet hits the roof / windscreen.....great

badly dented bonnet and bent bonnet arms, this goes on top of
a blown rear shock with no oil in and a frayed handbrake cable...

euro trip minus 7 days and my car is in the worse shape its ever been....i am a little fed up tbh

Megane 225 F1

OMG gutted :( Recaros look sweet!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Pole Positions! Yeah boiiiiii.

This keeps getting better.

Gutted about the bonnet though. Has it damaged the roof skin too? Sortable quickly? Before the trip?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

ah feck, sorry to hear this :(

is something trying to tell you not to go on this euro trip?!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Pole Positions! Yeah boiiiiii.
This keeps getting better.
Gutted about the bonnet though. Has it damaged the roof skin too? Sortable quickly? Before the trip?

they are much lighter than the sparco's, i was being followed by my 2 mates between us we managed to bend the bonnet so it looks like i am running bonnet lifters, and at present i am running 4 zipties as a catch strap...drift spec sorted

ah feck, sorry to hear this :(
is something trying to tell you not to go on this euro trip?!

i think so...i am on the verge of calling it...getting pretty fed up and wondering whether it is all worth it

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6 GSR

fucker!!!!!!!

thats shite mate!

But car looks great!

Qashcow

ah crap, thats far from good.

dont worry about europe, it wont be full of bad times and will definitely be worth it mate. let me know if you need a hand

BMW E46 330i Touring

Mate, that's a shitter. Original bonnet catch or was that all removed with the engine work?

Loving the work you've carried on with though. If you need a hand with anything give me a shout, although I'm away this and next weekend!

White ds3

best seats in the world imo. miles beter than trendlines but trendlines are cheaper lol thats y iv got them;)

guted to hear about the bonet dude

RenaultSport 172

Just be glad its failed here and not in Europe somewhere. :)

Qashcow

^bungee cords and get it home!!

good news Fred, worked your magic again?

Coupe/Defender V8

oh crap...Sorry to hear that mate. the standard catch is a pile of w**k

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

ah crap, thats far from good.
dont worry about europe, it wont be full of bad times and will definitely be worth it mate. let me know if you need a hand

Mate, that's a s**tter. Original bonnet catch or was that all removed with the engine work? Loving the work you've carried on with though. If you need a hand with anything give me a shout, although I'm away this and next weekend!

thanks for the offers guys, nothing can really be done, just need a new bonnet and arms, i do appreciate it though

oh crap...Sorry to hear that mate. the standard catch is a pile of w**k

not the standard catch mate as i have a new custom slam panel, i removed the slam panel during the day to dynamat the airbox, i must have put it on slightly off, but the bonnet still closed (i slammed it), and checked....oh well

Hope you get it sorted mate. Not sure there's anything I can do, but if there is give me a shout!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cleaned inside and out ready for the trip...
IMG_9125.jpg

IMG_9127.jpg

IMG_9129.jpg

the euro trip vinyls added (one to cover a bonnet dent)

IMG_9128.jpg

IMG_9129.jpg

just need to get a new rear shock and hanbrake cable fitted in 4 days.....great

BMW E46 330i Touring

I love the fact that the bonnet isn't pinned down from the outside... although maybe it should have been for safety!

Usually the pins are a giveaway that there's ITB's underneath. This just looks... normal.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

I love the fact that the bonnet isn't pinned down from the outside... although maybe it should have been for safety!

Usually the pins are a giveaway that there's ITB's underneath. This just looks... normal.

that was the whole reason mate...that and we needed a custom slam panel to allow the airbox / rad to fit behind

lol at the sticker! I suppose our cars will get stickered up on the ferry :)

ITB'd 182...

Love the seat/harness's!

Look the shizzle :)