ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The ESP + SERV light problem...

Ive done some looking into this, Im seeing the common fix could be brake pedal sensor reset, have also seen it could be steering angle sensor or the YAW sensor underneath the handbrake cover (I thought this was an airbag computer, no?)

I was going to quickly do the brake pedal reset, but could it be the YAW sensor's connectors needing a clean up?

The lights come on randomly, once in a while, normally just straight line and I don't think I was hovering on the brakes at all.

Just reset the brake pedal switch, 3 clicks in from reset seems about right?

Seeing as this light comes on once in a blue moon I guess there's no way to tell but give it time.

Will clean the contacts on the YAW sensor when the battery's disconnected.

Clio 182
I've had this problem and have replaced the brake light switch and it's still on, the previous owner had a invoice in the car for diagnostics which was showing the brake pedal switch faulty,

Anymore ideas

Clio 172mk2
did u reset the switch position? as in pull plunger out so it clicks few times, push pedal down then insert switch n let pedal come up?