ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The detailing thread.

This is for you todd, saves you starting 10 new detailing threads a day :rasp:

Anyway.... Im correcting the paint on mums polo (dont think its vw paint) tomorow and unfortunately the postman didnt deliver my set of menzerna polishes. :(

I have p203 (250ml) between 1/4 and 2/3's full, will this be enough for the polo ? (iyo)
If not i have a full bottle of meguiars no.83 6/10 cut. Never used it before, whats it like?
I could just wait till next wednesday but im itching to use my other new products :eek: ....

Monaco 172
That will be enough easily mate, I got through under half a bottle doing my Celica from head to toe and it was a BEAST of a car size wise.

Cheers, ill just see how it goes with the menzerna. :approve: hope i dont run out with like 1 panel to go lol.

Megs are oily, I didn't particularly like them. The glaze was OK however (think they came as a package with my 7424 when I first imported it 7 years ago :S).

Half a bottle of 203s should be fine if you are using a rotary. If you are using a DA, you might need two hits on VAG paint. Toyota paint is nothing like a comparison. It's like comparing granite to sushi.

Edition 30
When I get my wheels on, I'm paying you personally JD to come clean my car.

Great idea to start this up Kane, Todd sometimes goes OTT on the threads.

In all seriousness, some dude put up a thread the other day about a little tool that cleaned your sills etc...

Can't find it but someone suggested and alternative, any advice?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
detailing thread? theres a whole section on detailing.

thats like starting "the general chat thread"

Megs are oily, I didn't particularly like them. The glaze was OK however (think they came as a package with my 7424 when I first imported it 7 years ago :S).

Half a bottle of 203s should be fine if you are using a rotary. If you are using a DA, you might need two hits on VAG paint. Toyota paint is nothing like a comparison. It's like comparing granite to sushi.
I got these with my g220 :-/ might come in handy for headlight correction etc.
detailing thread? theres a whole section on detailing.

thats like starting "the general chat thread"

Bit different, todd can now ask all his questions in one thread. Win :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Morning sweet cheeks! ECC had a box waiting for me yesterday! Is there any better feeling?

Surfex HD has arrived!

Good idea Kane, saves us clogging the other threads with crap... JD :eek:

I like the what have you ordered thread aswell, hopefully we can get some reviews on the go once the better weather comes.

Monaco 172

Oh yeah I know that JD, but my Celica was a lot bigger than a Polo so it kind of balances out the use. In the OP he also says he doesn't think it's VW paint either.

Oh yeah I know that JD, but my Celica was a lot bigger than a Polo so it kind of balances out the use. In the OP he also says he doesn't think it's VW paint either.

Yeah all fair buddy - you must love detailing the 106 as well, another soft paint manufacturer!

172 RS Ph1
I have a love/hate relationship with my Clio's paint.

Hate: how easy it catches swirls again

Love: how easy they are to remove with just a finishing polish like CK Vanilla Glaze.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have a love/hate relationship with my Clio's paint.

Hate: how easy it catches swirls again

Love: how easy they are to remove with just a finishing polish like CK Vanilla Glaze.
You'll be filling them mate, not removing them.

Set of menzerna came this morning just in time :) ..

whatever paint that is on one side of the polo is mega hard, went up to a cutting pad and menz 85 and still there are swirls :dapprove: the other side is new paint so only used p203.

Still a big improvement. I now want a rotary.

Set of menzerna came this morning just in time :) ..

whatever paint that is on one side of the polo is mega hard, went up to a cutting pad and menz 85 and still there are swirls :dapprove: the other side is new paint so only used p203.

Still a big improvement. I now want a rotary.

VAG paint is hard buddy, I wouldn't be surprised if you needed some 3.02 and a couple of hits with just a DA to use. It took at least one pass with 3.02 on my Panzer and that was using a rotary!

soon to be 182 ;)
right i wont start another thread on this so, today i was gonna give my car a good clean. . .

rinse
wheels
wash
tardis
clay
wash
dry
polish
wax

the weather is a bit damp, (has been quite foggy too) is this gonna be wrong weather and should i leave it for today?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
right i wont start another thread on this so, today i was gonna give my car a good clean. . .

rinse
wheels
wash
tardis
clay
wash
dry
polish
wax

the weather is a bit damp, (has been quite foggy too) is this gonna be wrong weather and should i leave it for today?

You will be find so long as it does not rain (Otherwise you will have problems with the Polish and Wax stage)

When i waxed the polo the other day the roof and bonnet were condensated to f**k, didnt feel right waxing over it lol.

soon to be 182 ;)
gave up in the end started to rain, got to washing, claying and started to srp it then the rain came

STEALTH RAIDER
gave up in the end started to rain, got to washing, claying and started to srp it then the rain came

If you get a bit of dew/condensation on your bonnet, just DAB it up with a MF cloth. If it was in the same day as you started it then i will be change in the temperature thats all and the wax is trying to cure (will take longer). This will create a funny looking hazing effect.

172 RS Ph1
Shame the Forza didnt arrive yet Kane, let me know your results on the Polo once you have tried it.. it's specially designed for VAG paint.

Martijn, my stuff isnt here yet, i think it said on website attempted delivery on the 8th but they havent tried again :(