ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The clio and golf’s replacement.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Some of you might remember a few months ago I said that the clio was gone a long with the clubsport s. Well now the r32 has gone. I was gutted that I had to get rid of them but I really enjoyed the clio and the r32. I wish I’d kept the clubsport s for a few more months but I didn’t know what prices were going to do.

Just in case some of you want to see them again here’s some of my favourite photos.

C015E76E-BFD6-434B-AE01-1D00867B8BBE.jpeg
84B500F3-F02C-4539-996B-427D9EB4276A.jpeg
F8355D6D-8D15-4475-BD64-305D76EC56CF.jpeg
2BD82C19-D0EC-4ECC-B6ED-B67D466920FB.jpeg
896DE4F9-C3FF-4B54-85A8-882F278E0CD2.jpeg
A9BDEF55-EF22-444F-ADF5-1A1B5DFCC564.jpeg
E178619B-1117-4A80-B455-0976B64FCFD9.jpeg
217B2DF0-4AD9-49C9-904B-1B635D8FD608.jpeg
04080A9E-E689-46D0-A31A-89EDFAFA4CC5.jpeg
9A08DBD4-312A-43CB-AC18-18AEC7D64830.jpeg

I had never really thought that I would really sell them. But it was about this time last year I had ago in a 991.2 gts and I totally fell for it. But I knew that it was well out of reach and I felt gutted that I’d never get one. A month went buy and I kept seeing 911’s but hardly any gts there was something that I liked so much more about the gts. So I started thinking long and hard about in. Ended up going to a few dealers and quickly noticed that all my local Porsche dealers were total w*****s. But in mid September I think it was I went to Cambridge Porsche and got my order in.

Fast forward to now the clio is gone the two golf’s are gone and on Friday morning I picked my 991.2 c4 gts up.

Had to wait a little longer than normal because of the colour. I’ve onky got iPhone photos for now but hopefully this weekend I’ll get some more and go for a proper drive.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Awesome colour, dash looks great!
I was so worried about the colour I picked it without seeing it from what I have been able to find out there’s only 3 gts in voodoo blue in he uk.
It looks completely different in the flesh and changes a fair bit more than I thought it would do in the light.
But so far I am loving it.

172 Cup
Fantastic car. Congratulations.

I had a 991.2 Carrera S for a day which was epic. More performance than you could ever wish for on the road.

Having previously driven a 997 Turbo, 996.2 GT3 and Cayman S, performance wise it felt in a different league.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks ace in Miami blue!

25767d1405677016-sports-massage-1cd234e6_half-trollface.jpeg

Scott you c**t!!! but I am well happy that I didn’t get Miami blue.

Fantastic car. Congratulations.

I had a 991.2 Carrera S for a day which was epic. More performance than you could ever wish for on the road.

Having previously driven a 997 Turbo, 996.2 GT3 and Cayman S, performance wise it felt in a different league.

I’ve never driven of the proper turbo models but I can imagine that they would be mega I really enjoyed driving a cayman R,

But I know what you mean about the power it’s got more than it needs for the road it’s crazy how quickly it gets to speed. Hopefully this weekend I’ll get chance to go for a good drive in it. Less than two weeks and I’ve got a Euro trip to do in it.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Well thanks for all the nice comments guys. I’ve had it a week now and I am loving it. Went out for a bit of a blast before and just totally loved it.
I am finding it a little hard to get use to how quickly it builds up speed. It blows my mind I couldn’t keep up with the car If I hadn’t got pdk.

But one funny thing it tripods going in and out of my drive way.

I’ll try and get some better photos at the weekend. Really need to try and get out as much as possible this weekend in it as I’ve got a Euro drive next weekend.

Is that a U-boat on your left wrist?

No it’s a Panerai I did get offered a u boat in the early spring.

I didn’t need to think about my itch i
Just went for it.
Don’t get me wrong I miss my v6 clio but I soon forget about it when I see the 911.
I saw my old v6 as well today.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Just three weeks into it and I’ve done 3100 miles and totally love it!