ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Chris Harris thread

Lotus Elise
I could watch the slow-mo shots of the launches all night. I love watching the wheels spin as the power is moved around.

Swift Sport
Looking forward to the summer so he can make some Motorsport related videos, getting tired of these generic car videos.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I'm hoping for more rally videos! Maybe another 24hr one.

TTRS & V50
Well that says it all. A 400BHP S4 estate '09 plate or a brand new RenaultSport Clio 4.

Hmm.

Yes, I know they are completely different cars.

That's fairly amazing. I'd love to have a go in one, just to compare it to a normal engined one. The torque vectoring stuff sounds very impressive, I imagine it's very quick round a track!

Lol at 125 mile range in the type of car you'd use to carve a line through Europe. Stop every hour to charge it up. Awesome. Great technical excercise but personally I'd prefer manufacturers were investing in technology that we will actually use.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
so on the RS4 v S4 it took the guy 3 second to change the ECU but the text later in the film (@ 10 min) says the software cost was £1200....print money anyone?

Also that S4 looks like a car that my dads owned i.e battered to fook.....

BMW M135i
It takes much long than that to actually write the software changes to the ECU, the SPS in the video is only changing between the pre-written maps. That's all it does is reconfigure the prestored map the ECU is running.

And the cost is mostly developement, but after that definetly license to print money. They want £800 for a stage 1 setup for my S3, hence i'll be going elsewhere (probably APR).

Disastra Coupe
so on the RS4 v S4 it took the guy 3 second to change the ECU but the text later in the film (@ 10 min) says the software cost was £1200....print money anyone?

Although i agree £1200 is pricey... Your forgetting the time that's been put into developing the software. Plus the cost of the computers that plug into the cars etc.

They had already carried out the work at their shop before the video was shot. What he was doing was swapping maps. £1200 buys you an ECU that you can change the map on with that much ease. Bargain if you ask me.

Also the S4 is meant to be battered. It's the NFG (No f**ks given) S4, that was cheap but is still a weapon

One of the best videos he's done in ages. Also I loved the slow motion footage of the launches. Brilliant stuff.

And lol at the GT-R. Anyone who thinks they're not awesome clearly has full-blown AIDS.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Dat noise! I want that v10 in my bedroom soothing me to sleep every night!

​nissan sounds pretty epic on boost too

As above the launch shots are cool too, the Audi looks like its deforming under acceleration

Mini 1000/172/Leon
GTR seems to much of a hand full Chris is a very very good driver and even he looked terrified

R8 on the other hand is a car you could use every day on the track, on a b road or even to pop to Tesco and it would thrill you every time for me one of the all time greats and by far the winner overall

That GTR looks savage! I dont want one... i need one lol! The R8 is very nice too and sounds bloody epic, the Porsche was a let down for me even though its still fast in a straight line.

dk

911 GTS Cab
the GTR must win the award for worlds worst interior for a car over 20k though surely, its terrible, not sure i could live with it tbh

its like going out with a girl who's an immense girl in bed, but looks like susan boyle.

An orange one
One of the most enjoyable videos I've ever seen that.

Porsche would be dead last for me, I'm a die hard r8 fanboi and would probably still pick it, but that GTR is just mind blowing, wonder how much that litchfield upgrade comes to?!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Awesome video.

Loved the GTR since it came out, personally think its an incredible car. Would love one.