ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The cars you wish you never sold... What were they?

Turbos.
Re: The car you wish you never sold... What were they?

Like others, i wish i kept my first car, my Clio 1.2. For sentimental reasons, it would just be nice to have it sitting in the garage.

I was stupid to sell my CSL. I sold it to free up some cash, and because i thought it turned me into a hooligan. Looking back, it was pretty much the perfect car for me though. Tolerable road car, awesome track car, great noise, seated four, subtle but purposeful. The kick in the nuts was seeing prices go up after selling it...

It was so mint as well, being in a car collection before i bought it. Paid £37k, spent s**t loads of mods, then sold it for £28k just over a year later :dapprove:

P1070117.gif

P1070092.gif

keo

Clio Trophy

That CSL is lovley, what did you replace it with? I probably miss my cherry red 106 gti the most, wish i never smashedmy VX220 Turbo up though as well

Turbos.

A Mini JCW! Not really comparable, so didn't last long...

My VX220 was great, but i went too far with it. Ended up a terrible road car, being too stiff and aggressive. Some kid bought it off me and wrote it off a couple of weeks after!

keo

Clio Trophy

What colour vx did you have and what did you do to it? I only had mine 6 weeks :( young lad, first rear wheel car, stupid realy taught me a lesson though! If you are going to crash a car make sure its not plastic! lol :)

Turbos.

It was rabiata red. Had Sachs coilovers, Lotus Motorsport ARB, harder bushes, and the VSE exhaust with no cats!

P1030620.jpg

I'd say my first car, my 1.2 Clio. Sentimental value, plus the fact I spent sh*t loads of cash and 2 years tinkering with it and changing bits. I should have kept it and gone nuts with it - respray, F4R, proper stance.

Photo0206.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Everytime you post up pics of your old VX Rob it gets me looking on PH...tease.

Disastra Coupe

My VTR. She was on 100k miles when i sold her but looked nothing like it. Really do miss it.

zbonnetup.jpg

zengine.jpg

zside.jpg

chips2-1.jpg

funkybay.jpg

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

I have only ever sold 1 car and that's my 1.9D mk1 in a burgundy with a little bit of a rat look goin on and that's only because I rele miss not caring about where I park my car but that's all lol

Charged Superleggera

My first car. Had it for 3 years and absolutely loved it.

IMGP9738.jpg

IMGP9749.jpg

IMGP9770.jpg

IMGP9757.jpg

Nothing at the mo :(

Mines the most random one ever lol

When i had my old 2litre Pug 406 :p *huge oldmans car*

Used it alot for motorways... and it was the most comfiest car ive ever been in, didnt feel a hole in the road.. was soooo smooth :p

Turbos.

That is one of the best 172s i have seen Firas, and thats in boring silver! ;) Nicely taken photos...

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S

Like others, i wish i kept my first car, my Clio 1.2. For sentimental reasons, it would just be nice to have it sitting in the garage.

I was stupid to sell my CSL. I sold it to free up some cash, and because i thought it turned me into a hooligan. Looking back, it was pretty much the perfect car for me though. Tolerable road car, awesome track car, great noise, seated four, subtle but purposeful. The kick in the nuts was seeing prices go up after selling it...

It was so mint as well, being in a car collection before i bought it. Paid £37k, spent s**t loads of mods, then sold it for £28k just over a year later :dapprove:

P1070117.gif

P1070092.gif

why oh why did you sell that........car of legends.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

It was, cyclone blue I thinks the colour.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

My old VTR also. Was pretty much like the one above but with white VTR wheels.

With a 4-2-1, bmc, straight through etc it was a fun little car. Sold it for 1k with it on 115,000 miles on the clock :(

Sunflower Phase 1

P1070117.gif

P1070092.gif

I would sell my kidney before I would have sold that!

Charged Superleggera

That is one of the best 172s i have seen Firas, and thats in boring silver! ;) Nicely taken photos...

Cheers englebert. Must admit, i do miss it a lot but it was a rep as FI correctly pointed out.

1.2 16v powaaa....

GetAttachmentCA97WVSA.jpg

Charged Superleggera

Cheers englebert. Must admit, i do miss it a lot but it was a rep as FI correctly pointed out.

1.2 16v powaaa....

GetAttachmentCA97WVSA.jpg

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Best £300 I've ever spent!

BMW2.jpg

I miss driving back from the airfield in Devon - Doobie's cassette on and the diff knoocking away! Happy day!

PH1 iceburg
Should never have sold this. I know its a bit cliche being the clio forum. Stupid bloody wedding costs...............don't tell her i said that hehe

DSC00302.jpg

Should have kept this as my little run about too. It was a minter.

DSC00915.jpg

The car i should have kept forever was my 1989 nova gte. Had it for my 18th bday. was 8 years old when i had it.

Clio 182 full fat

How the hell did that manage 142BHP?

Had shawspeed ss4 cams and omex ecu mapped by track n road...

someone made 154 on the same bits but timed with DTI

frozen white clio172
aint got a picture but my civic jordan vti-s no 264/500 awesome car misses made me sell it coz she was pregnant 4 years later she pissed off should have kept it but owned my clio for a week and pretty darn happy :)

ph2 172
Not a car I've sold. My dad sold this 503bhp 500ftlb torque RWD monster before I got a chance to drive it :(

carpcar038.jpg

carpcar030.jpg

R33 GTS/T with TD06 turbo with brakes and suspension to handle it.

Never really been one for taking loads of pics of my cars but here's a couple

I reallllly miss my old 8v MK2 GTi. The most fun car I've ever owned. Really should have kept it. I changed the Ronals for some BBS splits and lowered it a bit more, it looked so good and handled really well (had uprated shocks, polybushes, arb's and coilovers..). Wish I'd got more pics of it but I was having far too much fun driving it.

1298168671.jpg

Then there was the 16v. Spent more time sitting in the drive than moving but it was great to drive, when it worked. Best colour too

1298173197.jpg

Then there was my 1st car. Was slow looking back on it but at 17 years old felt like a rocket. Great fun.

1298157548.jpg

Also had a MK1 Golf Clipper for a while. It was again really slow but surprisingly fun to drive. It was 100% mint too, probably would have increased in value by now

1298089366.jpg

kanedandunable

ClioSport Club Member
i wrote off one of the last 500 mini's ever build in 2 weeks of ownership and trashed the replacement. looking back i feel like a dick for having no respect for such awesome cars!

wish i still had it now was a total belter green on silver with 13 x 7 mini lights.

dont even have a pick of it.

Rb 182
Usually i dont mind selling cars as it usually mean something better is coming along. But when my old Clio T got broken into i just lost the love for it stripped it for parts and sold the shell and engine complete.

100_2287.jpg

100_1448.jpg

Its now bright green and stripped out for track use. :(

Miss her.