ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The big outing! Trophy and Mk1 content

Trophy #473
It should have been a momentous occasion. After 3 years Danny_ACE! had finally finished (bar a few bits) the full rebuild of his hybrid, taxed, insured and MOT'd... sadly, it was the last outing for a while :(
Lost oil pressure at the top end of third resulting in some epic knocking from the BE. The only pictures I took:

PICT0485.jpg

PICT0488.jpg

So out with the old F7 and in with the F4!

Nathan

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
When you say just finishig rebuilding it - I take it he didn't do anything to the engine for it to blow within a short period of time.

Trophy #473
Its had a 2nd hand BE fitted... Always a risk unless its been rebuilt, this was obviously a 'bad' one. The shell on the otherhand is rust free and been resprayed (was 449).

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Thats a massive bummer! I'd def fit the grill though - looks like something is missing without it.

I think the f4r is the way to go - just a shame it's another job when he could have used it duirng the rest of the summer (what little is left).

Trophy #473
yeah I know. grill is in the boot, havnt got the headlight clips yet to hold it in. We had said to ourselves when its done we'll start doing a few track days together. I think going F4R is defiantly the way to go.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Makes Me Wish i still had my Ph1 16v but as i have a trophy im still happy.

Good pics tho and looks like a nice driving road.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Lol. Can't believe that happened. It lasted 100 miles and I never even got to red line it or drive it properly! Haha. Ah well. It's better now!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome. Good to see she's still so well loved. All sorted now then? Still as quick as ever?

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Yeah, all sorted now. I have a couple of little problems with it but I'm sure I'll sort them out. I'm happy with how fast it is but preferred the power delivery of the f7r. I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Looks great now IMO. Hopefully it will be good for a while!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Yeah! Bought a 50k f4r. Drives nice but I'm not used to having to rev the tits off it to make it go anywhere. Especially after driving a diesel for 3 years!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i'm in a 182 now and compared to my last turbo car's and JWC its a bit different. Waiting for this 5k "kick" sucks.

Clio 197
nice picture, i would like to own a 16v one day - ever since i had a mk1 RT as a daily driver i wanted one!

Hhighly unlikely finding one these days , there seems to be very few about (tin worm?) - not sure i would swap the cup for one but nevertheless i can want :approve:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The work you have done on JWC is really outstanding. I think the only original parts now must be the plates? haha!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Thanks guys! I bet your not far off Tom. I think I have replaced everything apart from the rear axel, the steering column and the fuel pump. Lol. And ofcoarse the shell. Looking forward to some nice weather to drive it in now. :)

I read some guys project thread on here about how he did itbs on standard ecu. I am not looking for the bits to do a similar set up myself. See what comes up second hand over Xmas.