ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

THE BEST SYSTEM

Id like something like this added to the faq

can we make recommendations on the best stuff

my thoughts are:

head unit: pioneer or alpine

components: mb quart or rockford fosgate

rear coaxiles, mb quart

2 12" subs: JL or alpine type R!

Rockford fosgate amp...cause they are cheap and gid!

i think that is a pretty nice sound system, arguments please!

The only snag with that is there would need to be different price ranges because if you went for the best of everything then you would have to spend £3000 or more on your system..i dont think everyone will be doing that.

For instance JL subs are good for SQ and a decent amount of bass but are no match for an RE XXX or a Crystal Wrath sub for SPL.

It would be difficult to categorise the products in a FAQ section as they would all do good jobs in particular areas but wont suit everyones needs.

Russ

Revels Mum & Sister

I agree with Evil ICE needs to be more specific. Different price ranges and uses make a whole lot of difference.

I would say my Polk Momo sub is excellent BUT would be sh*te for SPL. But I wouldnt use a JL 12W7 for SQ

then surely with our cominbed knowledge and experience we can get a "general" faq for all users

i reckon it aint hard to point users in the right direction for each componnet of a system!

how about other headunit makers like nakamichi (sp) and rockford fossgate ?? both are better than pioneer

it all just goes on how much you want to spend and what you like the sound / look of

i think u will be opening up a can of worms if u do that, and more than likely a few debates we dont need,

its all personal preferance, tastes etc

Tom

i agree with dogmaul, ive got a top of the range rockford fosgate headunit (rfx9400r) had to get it imported from the states and it sounds fantastic, much better than any alpine, pioneer etc ive heard!!! the only one ive heard which is better is a Nakamichi but they are over £1000 for the one i wanted!!!

350z & 16v Maxi

I dont think you can put this in the FAQ as there is just too much. Personally id say the Dennon Z1 HU is the best HU and the Zapco rnage of amps are the best but i bet there is better out there. It just will never work.

I agree Colin. I think its best just to answer any questions that people may have as individual cases. Taking into consideration budget and what kind of system they want...Its not that hard really.

Russ

350z & 16v Maxi

If you are putting up the best HU in the FAQ which i would say is the Denon Z1, most people are not going to spend the 2.5k asking price for this unit so there is no point.

However you could put up in the FAQ do not buy Sony Xplod. lol

PS Xplod is not actually THAT bad but it is not good. Better can be had for the same money.

350z & 16v Maxi

Do you not think Alpine subs are good? I would tend to agree with you if you do. They are OK but definitely not anywhere near the best.

The Jinx

Best HU at an affordable price has to be one of the bottom end Nakamichis surely.

I have a CD-35z and wish Id bought the 45z so I can attach a changer. However the sound quality is just unreal.

If you listen to one youll hear things youd never hear on any of the mainstream brands. As Revs once said "Youll think youve been listening to everything on tape when you hear the sound from the Nakamichi."

350z & 16v Maxi

Nak is good, however lots of people want it to look fancy too. The realiablity of Nak units is not the best and there can be a few other critisims however they really do sound good. The 35 only has a 1 bit DAC there is a big difference in SQ going up to the 45 as it has 20bit DACs

Personally i would say the 45 was a good unit and good value for money. Now the CD-400 is!!! £499 and is the best unit in that price range. There is the Clarion DXZ838RMP which is very very good for the money at about £299