ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The best performance road tyres???

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Wear rate doesn't bother me or the cost (as long as it isn't ridiculous).

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta supposedly is one on best. Above F1's, P-Zero and RE 070's.

Opinions please?:)

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Ah, there's gotta be something better than them. They're good no doubt. Surely something is above them in an all round performance increase though?

There no bes you have to decide weather etc.

Otherwise people on here would have you on road legal slicks.

yep - don't think you're going to find one that's better than all others in every area.

just out of interest, EVO ran a tyre test recently and rated the Eagle Assymetric top although i've not been able to find them listed in 16" - ?
IIRC the Verdestein was second, then the Contisport 3. if you believe the blurb they'll all feel slightly different in different conditions. you'd probably have to be a tyre tester to be able to tell much difference though..

also - is your choice for the road only or with the occasional track day (?) as some tyres will be fine on road but won't cope well with track days.

Last edited:
  Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
yep - don't think you're going to find one that's better than all others in every area.

just out of interest, EVO ran a tyre test recently and rated the Eagle Assymetric top although i've not been able to find them listed in 16" - ?
IIRC the Verdestein was second, then the Contisport 3. if you believe the blurb they'll all feel slightly different in different conditions. you'd probably have to be a tyre tester to be able to tell much difference though..

also - is your choice for the road only or with the occasional track day (?) as some tyres will be fine on road but won't cope well with track days.

No track days intended so far. Road use really. F1's or the Vredestein's Sennata's ? Both are above the rest?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I swear by F1's, tried a few others but always ended up back to F1's

i find ContiSport Contacts VERY under rated however, i was very impressed by them, especially in the wet!

IMO
Conti sport premiusm contact (ie original spec) great all round just out of production.
F1's not that great, noisy and sticky when i don't want them to be lower mpg etc.
T1R/S Terriable in the wet and to hard in the dry.

I forget the rest there the ones that come to mind.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Hmmm, I'm not sure about these Continentals...

The noise doesn't bother me about the F1's but too ticky when you don't want them to be? When does this occur?

Also are the grip limits progressive in their breakaway point?

172 Race Car
I agree with edde, contis are very good and F1's are s**t. tbh i didnt think they gripped that well

Never tried toyo's

The noise doesn't bother me about the F1's but too ticky when you don't want them to be? When does this occur?

The f1's are just seemingly always sticker hence the lower mpg the contis seeminly sticked when you wanted them to ok so they wore out quick but the F1's arn't any better. Then again 10k from a set of fronts is my limit.

Grip on the continetal at break away point is easier to manage I find the F1's arn't anyway near as good.

Conti original are out of productio the continetial premium contact 2's are the new ones and not as good for track work as they just melt the tread paterns sidewarys I should have taken pics but they litrally tilted over on track when warm as there thinner than the original ones.

Contis also sound better for me they squeek like heck on the limit.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi

The f1's are just seemingly always sticker hence the lower mpg the contis seeminly sticked when you wanted them to ok so they wore out quick but the F1's arn't any better

Grip on the continetal is breakways yepp I find the F1's arn't anyway near as good.

Conti original are out of productio the continetial premium contact 2's are the new ones and not as good for track work as they just melt the tread paterns sidewarys I should have taken pics but they litrally tilted over on track when wanr as there thinner than the original ones.

Sidewalls aren't stiff enough then?

I hear these Vredestine Sennsata's have a real firm sidewall. Perhaps better than than the Continental's and the Goodyear's?

Sidewalls aren't stiff enough then?

I hear these Vredestine Sennsata's have a real firm sidewall. Perhaps better than than the Continental's and the Goodyear's?

The contis have week side walls which is one of there great things IMO gives a nice smooth ride ok so when your on track they cna wear on the side walls near enough but that can be fixed with camber chnages/pressures etc.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
...and the F1's have a stiffer sidewall than the Continental's?

I'll look into camber changes when the suspension is changed later in the year. No track work planned as such.