ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Apple Watch Thread

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
6d6f67aa0b057fa17ff66312dc897a62.jpg

I really want pink and white haha. No idea why

RB Clio 182
I have recently noticed my Apple Watch 2 makes a high pitched squealing noise when active and close to my ear. It's silent when the screen is not on.

I didn't notice it before now so it could be normal, or the beginnings of a fault. Does anyone else's make this noise?

I finally found a use for the view finder function on it, Used it to find a bolt that fell out of sight.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I have recently noticed my Apple Watch 2 makes a high pitched squealing noise when active and close to my ear. It's silent when the screen is not on.

I didn't notice it before now so it could be normal, or the beginnings of a fault. Does anyone else's make this noise?

I finally found a use for the view finder function on it, Used it to find a bolt that fell out of sight.
No squealing noise from my 2.5yr old series 1, be interested to hear if anyone else this problem.
As for the view finder, it’s handy for taking group photos if you’ve balanced your phone somewhere as well haha

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone got the new watch? Thoughts? Is it worth the upgrade etc? Tempted to get one or just seen that Fitbit have released (well preorder) a new smart watch

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Noticing an issue with iOS 4 on my 1st Gen (original) Apple watch, now when sending or replying to a text message, it generally comes back as 'not delivered' and says message sending failed, anyone else had this?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone thinking of getting a Series 3? I might sell my 1 day old one. Wanted to try one. Dont see the point in it. Save someone a couple of quid i guess. 42mm Grey sports.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Got a new one. Couldn't tell you the differences really. My Gen 1 was cracked however and since I want to get back into swimming this is good for me.
I have issues on the "standing" activity. It shows bars for completed hours but doesn't show the flashing bar when you are in the hour and not completed.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Got a new one. Couldn't tell you the differences really. My Gen 1 was cracked however and since I want to get back into swimming this is good for me.
I have issues on the "standing" activity. It shows bars for completed hours but doesn't show the flashing bar when you are in the hour and not completed.
I’ve got the same issue, hoping it’s just an oversight and not how they’re going to do it now, can’t ever tell whether I’ve done that hour later in the day.

I bought a watch 3 with cellular, the watch isn’t really any different to the 2, doesn’t feel any bigger, which is amazing considering what they’ve added.
Had major issues getting it set up though, EE and apple have fucked up, they didn’t let EE have the watch before release date do they could test it actually worked adding it to their systems, and it didn’t, they’ve had to manually register people in the backgrond using the imei and eid of the watch, has taken about 5 calls, 7 days and being very patient to get it sorted. Got it sorted today though, and tried it out, it’s pretty good, just don’t know how much I’ll use it.

Desperately needs more apps that support it, including whatsapp!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I was hanging in for the AW3 but feel a little disappointed that EE currently only offer LTE and there’s no sign of any of the other providers signing up. I really can’t be asked moving mobile contracts from O2 and other than LTE I can’t really see much of an improvement over the AW2.

Shame.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It’s just an exclusive deal, the other operators will offer it soon.

The on,y other improvement is counting flights of steps climbed I think, it’s supposed to be faster but I can’t really notice a difference in every day use.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I’ve got the same issue, hoping it’s just an oversight and not how they’re going to do it now, can’t ever tell whether I’ve done that hour later in the day.

I bought a watch 3 with cellular, the watch isn’t really any different to the 2, doesn’t feel any bigger, which is amazing considering what they’ve added.
Had major issues getting it set up though, EE and apple have fucked up, they didn’t let EE have the watch before release date do they could test it actually worked adding it to their systems, and it didn’t, they’ve had to manually register people in the backgrond using the imei and eid of the watch, has taken about 5 calls, 7 days and being very patient to get it sorted. Got it sorted today though, and tried it out, it’s pretty good, just don’t know how much I’ll use it.

Desperately needs more apps that support it, including whatsapp!
Yeah I keep checking for software updates as its annoying to tell at a quick glance if I need to move etc.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah I keep checking for software updates as its annoying to tell at a quick glance if I need to move etc.
another issue I have is that when receiving alerts from twitter or Facebook, the logo that flashes on the screen is currently a placeholder type thing and is just white with some blue lines, so not showing up correctly.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
It’s just an exclusive deal, the other operators will offer it soon.

No, its not...

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/when-will-apple-watch-3-lte-come-o2-3664181/

EE have themselves confirmed there is no exclusivity deal.

e.g....

An EE spokesperson told us that "EE is the only UK network that has the capability to 'share' a number across a hard SIM (in the phone) and the Apple e-SIM (in the watch)." And Three itself corroborated this account to us, as discussed above.

At present this isn't something Three can offer - so it isn't simply a question of waiting for an exclusivity deal to expire.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Interesting, didn’t know that, it’s what everyone assumed I think.

Vodafone are saying there will be an announcement in 2 weeks with plans available from 3rd November.

They won’t want to be missing out for long, the odd iPad they probs;y aren’t bothered about, but this has brought EE a load of extra business.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Interesting, didn’t know that, it’s what everyone assumed I think.

Vodafone are saying there will be an announcement in 2 weeks with plans available from 3rd November.

They won’t want to be missing out for long, the odd iPad they probs;y aren’t bothered about, but this has brought EE a load of extra business.

Definitely.

EE doesn’t offer great signal in my area so I’m a little scuppered.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I was on o2 for about 15 years, then got annoyed by slow data rates, especially abroad where they were terrible. Before o2 I was with orange.

So decided to go back to them as EE, decent prices, loads of data and visual voicemail still.

The data speeds I’m getting are unreal on the 4gee max tarif, even in the US I got full speed 4g, never got anything more than a pathetically slow 3G speed with o2, and the US was extortionate with o2, free with EE, was a no brainer.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
another issue I have is that when receiving alerts from twitter or Facebook, the logo that flashes on the screen is currently a placeholder type thing and is just white with some blue lines, so not showing up correctly.
Mine does that from time to time, reboot phone and watch (often just doing the phone sorts it) and you should be good.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
yeah same here.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Seems to be doing it all the time, only notice it with apple pay icon and snapchat (fb messenger is fine for example), hopefully be fixed in future update

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I was on o2 for about 15 years, then got annoyed by slow data rates, especially abroad where they were terrible. Before o2 I was with orange.

So decided to go back to them as EE, decent prices, loads of data and visual voicemail still.

The data speeds I’m getting are unreal on the 4gee max tarif, even in the US I got full speed 4g, never got anything more than a pathetically slow 3G speed with o2, and the US was extortionate with o2, free with EE, was a no brainer.

Free USA data with EE? We didnt get that...
Special baller tariff?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Free USA data with EE? We didnt get that...
Special baller tariff?
yep, they have the normal speed tariff, then the 4gee MAX giving the fastest speed 4g, but all free data in USA, Canada, Australia plus some others. Plus included bt sports, n to just a trial (although that might be different now)

Speed is mega, plus I got full 4g speeds in USA too.

its not expensive though, I'm paying £19.99 a month for 12GB data and unlimited everything else, sim only.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I can confirm I still have issues 😧
twitter notification has a white box as its logo on the watch 😧
Yeh rebooting is definitely just a temporary fix not an actual remediation :/

My series 1 is starting to struggle to get a days battery life, the 10% warning usually appears around 8pm. aaaargh

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeh rebooting is definitely just a temporary fix not an actual remediation :/

My series 1 is starting to struggle to get a days battery life, the 10% warning usually appears around 8pm. aaaargh
must say the series 3 with cellular battery is better than the 2, but then using it on cellular, it drains a lot quicker, will last 2 days easily without cellular usage though.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
must say the series 3 with cellular battery is better than the 2, but then using it on cellular, it drains a lot quicker, will last 2 days easily without cellular usage though.
That's pretty impressive, i dont think my series 1 ever lasted 2 days even when it was brand new haha

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah I’m on 75% after wearing it for 16 hours and doing a gym workout (30 mins of indoor walking with heart rate the whole time) added in.

It’s only cellular usage that I notice drain really. Which is only when I go swimming.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
update out! fixed many issues including standing notifications along with current standing goal.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Will have to check that out. Getting a bit tired of my series 1 as the battery life is woeful when streaming music from it and exercising and it just seems to struggle with every simple task.
Colleague has just bought a series 3 and it's rapid... tempted.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Very tempted to get a series 3. Few colleagues at work have got them and they do look like a pretty decent bit of kit, would love a ceramic one having playing around with one at the Apple Store, just can't justify the price over a standard one.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Will have to check that out. Getting a bit tired of my series 1 as the battery life is woeful when streaming music from it and exercising and it just seems to struggle with every simple task.
Colleague has just bought a series 3 and it's rapid... tempted.
For this alone the 3 is worth it for me. My 1 just died and would need charging every single night (that was without the exercise functions).
Now it lasts two days easily and handles exercise use very well!

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
For this alone the 3 is worth it for me. My 1 just died and would need charging every single night (that was without the exercise functions).
Now it lasts two days easily and handles exercise use very well!
Yeah it is dangerously tempting. I'd like to know when cellular is coming to other networks, apparently none of them have the tech so could be ages. Plus I've just bought the X so not particularly flush atm haha

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yeah it is dangerously tempting. I'd like to know when cellular is coming to other networks, apparently none of them have the tech so could be ages. Plus I've just bought the X so not particularly flush atm haha

Unless you're a runner i'd not be too concerned about the LTE side of things. I have it but even at £5 a month i can't really see it being value for money.