ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The AG Itch....

DCi 80 DieselSport
As if I didn't want one already, but after TG on sunday and a recent payrise I've seriously got the itch for a FF Hero-spec AG 200....

I'm wanting the know the practicalities though, eg, loan or finance? Monthly or one-off?

I've done a bit of homework and don't really fancy that PCP thing.

Any advise for the best/best value for money way of getting one?

:cool:

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Buy a second hand one so you don't take as much depreciation as a brand spanker, also the engine will have loosened up :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
LOL at 11k for a 'hero' spec one....

You will be lucky to find a FF decent spec AG for under 13k Currently

S

Last edited:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
You're a trader you want to sell at £13k plus.

We're buyers, we want to buy at £11k or less.

I have always managed to source my cars at near to trade money and I'm sure with enough determination and contacts it's an achievable target in the current/future market :cool:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Of course, as an existing 200 owner I should be pushing prices in the other direction :eek:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
theres a difference between normal cars & high demand low availability cars-

You will not get a AG 200 FF with recaros on 10< miles for 11k.

Not even in trade at the moment...

There probably less than 5 in the dealer network & certainly no private sales...

Just because im a trader doesnt mean I cant advise what some may pay for a car 'private'-

You may get a 200 Cup in AG with low options & high miles for 11k, there was one with the anthricite apck that went for 9k the other week, however it had 30k miles & was base spec-

Alien green, Liquid yellow, Storm grey All command a premium because of the availability & demand for that colour-

S
& yes you should be aiming to keep residuals high- however as with all the range the fact that new facelift models are often coming out & the fact that people tend to keep them for 6 months - 1 year is always a problem- + the current economy..

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Fair enough, wasn't aware that AG was in such short supply - Certainly makes sense. My price estimates were really aimed at any colour and I hadn't taken the rarity of this colour into account.

As a 200 Cup in met black mine is really limited in number (they stopped this fairly quickly as an optional colour on the cup), I have therefore revised my own cars value accordingly LOL.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
14k then for a black 200 Cup......

How long you had yours as there was a black 200 cup kicking round AT a little while ago -

S ;)

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Sounds fair (although is more than I paid brand new LOL).

I bought new in October 2009, with Air Con/Met paint/Recaro options, but it's only got 8.5k miles - I need to use it more!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
An AG FF was just sold on PH with 29k on an 09 for £11k (well it was advertised at that who knows what it sold for) didnt have recaros though

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
The Recaros were the best option to have IMO, especially if you buy a Cup model, it's the only thing that makes the interior special!

AG 200
When you get one just remember to be presentable at all times and never pick your nose in the car. Walking down the street in your birthday suit would get less attention. There are times where I am thinking I'm a chick magnet but then realise I am sat in a bright green car in amongst a sea of black,silver or white.

Clio 197
When you get one just remember to be presentable at all times and never pick your nose in the car. Walking down the street in your birthday suit would get less attention. There are times where I am thinking I'm a chick magnet but then realise I am sat in a bright green car in amongst a sea of black,silver or white.

haha good one

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Just seen this on renaultsport: AG 200

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/commu...200-Clio-Alien-Green-Cup-Chassis/Default.aspx

We are selling my Wife's pride and joy due to a new company on route.

October 59 registered with just 7500 miles, the car has the Cup Chassis pack, Cup Rear Spoiler, Recaro's and rear privacy glass otherwise standard Renaultsport 200 spec..... not the cup spec

Just a few minor stone chips to the front otherwise in the condition you would expect a car thats only covered 7500 miles to be in.

Looking for offers around £11750 which breaks my heart as it cost nearly 19 new

Ouch at the loss

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
AG?

Google > Type "Head Doctor" > Book in a session > Buy GW or LY.

Merc
OP nothing beats new car smell, but if there is a bargain to be had think carefully. Depreciation in the UK is massive though so u can get a good one for cheaper. However if you buy new you don't have to worry about how it has been treated, what problems could/did it have etc. And warranty.

Think wisely, research the market and make the decision based on knowledge and not itches lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
RUK..warranty? You're having a laugh.
It's a 59 plate. If there's something wrong with the gearbox it should be fixed. If they don't you just send the trading standards letter.

Or drive it through the showroom window.

I'd rather hand my car over to my nan to fix than take it to Renault. They are incompetent fools in my experience. Best case is they do a Trigger's broom on it and eventually 'fix' it.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I eat my hat... ( even though I said not 11k)

I would buy that today on my doorstep as well-

wayyy to cheap

Steve

Last edited:

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I'd rather hand my car over to my nan to fix than take it to Renault. They are incompetent fools in my experience. Best case is they do a Trigger's broom on it and eventually 'fix' it.

Certainly correct about the Morons near the village of Cadwell...