ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 182 has gone, hello mk5 gti

MKV GTI
First of all hello again its been a while since iv been on here, after having a quick browse i decided to renew my membership despite not owning a clio anymore as iv missed the forum in a weird kinda way.

Anyway down to business i P/X the 182 in for a mk5 golf gti around 4 weeks ago complete with full heated leather interior, DSG, 18" Monzas, winter pack, full VW service history etc etc and i am loving the car at the minute so much different to the clio, its much more comfortable and easy to live with as a daily car also shifts fairly well too with the torque the engine produces. Im not afraid to admit i do miss the 182 slightly and the golf in the real world probably isnt any quicker but i just find the golf being a perfect all rounder fun when you want it to be and very civilised and comfortable when you dont.

Around two weeks ago i had the Bilstein B12 kit fitted through awesome gti and it has tranformed the car dare i say it handles as well as the 182 did couple that with extra torque and all the toys and the car is perfect for me. I also swapped the tyres over for michelin ps3's as i know they are excellent tyres after having them on the 182 they made a dramatic improvment over the Kendas that were fitted to the car when i picked it up :dead:

Anyway enough of that, the car

DSCN1142.JPG

DSCN1143.JPG

DSCN1144.JPG

DSCN1149.JPG

DSCN1153.JPG

DSCN1154.JPG

Plans are to give the car a proper detail, new discs and pads all round, sort that god awful lump of plastic out of which VW call a rear bumper and to just enjoy it will try to avoid mapping it but we will see.

Edit: the pictures do get bigger if you click on them, oops :eek:

Attachments

• DSCN1142.JPG
    DSCN1142.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 115

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Tidy motor. Really like Golfs. I'd have gone with red however, but only because I've had a black car in the past and I never want another one.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate. I'm in the process of making a similar move, except it'll be an R32!

Looking at one's for sale, I can't believe the things people don't spec and the wierd things they do spec. Try finding a decent one with xenons and a half decent spec, nigh on impossible!

MKV GTI
Cheers SC03OTT, i was actually after a tornado red but couldnt find one with the spec i wanted at the time, im very happy with the black magic it really pops in the sunlight hard to capture on camera though.

RDH, I wish i could stretch to the R32 id love one especially in DPB unfortunatly didnt have the funds. i know what you mean in regards to spec some people must have been on crack when the dealer handed them the spec list it is really difficult to find one with half decent spec. The only things i wish mine had is the armrest and xenons, my main critera was full leather and 18" Monzas anything else was a bonus.

J6PKP, Thanks, My premium went up around 20% which was to be expected really what i will say is that (for me) its cheaper to insure than any other turbo'd hot hatch.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers SC03OTT, i was actually after a tornado red but couldnt find one with the spec i wanted at the time, im very happy with the black magic it really pops in the sunlight hard to capture on camera though.

RDH, I wish i could stretch to the R32 id love one especially in DPB unfortunatly didnt have the funds. i know what you mean in regards to spec some people must have been on crack when the dealer handed them the spec list it is really difficult to find one with half decent spec. The only things i wish mine had is the armrest and xenons, my main critera was full leather and 18" Monzas anything else was a bonus.

J6PKP, Thanks, My premium went up around 20% which was to be expected really what i will say is that (for me) its cheaper to insure than any other turbo'd hot hatch.

That's the only plus point with the R32, most come well specced. If I could find a fully loaded GTi I'd be very tempted.

And my premium increase will be similar to yours, from £800 to around £1000.

BMW 330D
Really want one of these, swore i would never own a black car again myself but these look great in black and they seem to be cheaper then other colours. Having fun with the dsg?

MKV GTI
Thanks for the comments.

Dan- DSG does take some getting used to if im honest im still yet to get comfortable with it after driving manual cars, it is brilliant for town/city driving just slip it in D and off you go i also like playing with the paddles the changes are seamless and very,very fast. It is without doubt though a fanatastic gearbox.

I like them a lot. Good choice. I'd leave the back bumper as is though.

Hmmmm... im not sure, just cant get on with that big lump of plastic what were VW thinking. It boils down to wether or not it annoys me enough to part with £250 to get it colour coded.

172 Cup
You can buy the Edition 30 lower bumper section (£££) that comes primed and smooth. Obviously this will need painting or you could get your existing one smoothed and painted.