ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

textured plastics

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
anyone ever painted their textures plastics?

i have some dark door cards and some light B & C pillar interior plastics that i want to match so i want to make the light ones dark.

anyone done anything similar before? how did you do it? links to products?

or any other ideas of changing the colour of the light stuff?

R

RyanWXM

I used methylated spirits to clean first, then i used Halfords Grey plastic primer and filler. The color of your choice and then a clear lacquer on top thats all i did and fine :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i want it to stay the matt textured look but in a different colour lol

dont want it glossy or anything

R

RyanWXM

:L just spray and hope lol i wouldn't know then mate never tried to do that

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
lol no worries. ive sprayed plastic before and it turned out ok. but finding a paint match is going to be a nightmare for starters.

open to other options though. apart from flocking, that s***s getting expensive now

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Nah it's too glossy lol.

Given up now anyway, they're being flocked. Couldn't think of anything to do with them

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah would still look odd against the standard darker textured plastic though :(

Flocking is cooler, true lol

Focus RS + S3
@Jaff.

Ive got some cream interior plastics in a pov spec 1.2 im breaking
Be ideal for flocking or painting if you want to keep your standard ones in tact.

Drop us a pm if interested :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
appreciate the offer anyway mate :)

where in south wales are you?
i want to compare my ST with your RS :p

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Would it not be a case of cleaning the plastic then primering (not high build stuff) and spraying?

I did my side strips on my old clio and it kept the texture of them. Finding a match I imagine will be a pita though

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
like i said. given up. gone for flocking lol.

colour match is always going to be an issue