ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test

2.0 Auris
Iam going to try and test maself by seeing how long i can resist washing my car its pretty clean but its a dark grey so its a b##ch it keep clean.Anybody eles gona try the same or am i being silly:rasp:

106 GTi
Sounds crazy ;) - I leave the daily hack 4-5 weeks between washes. The 182 gets cleaned as soon as it gets dirty!

Mito Sportiva 135
At home I do it once a week, but at uni only done it once in 7 weeks so far :eek: Haven't been driving that much, and so stays pretty clean. Plus when I do it now its much more satisfying.

Having said that, can't WAIT to get home in December and give it a mid-winter detail, definitely going to go with the Collinites 476 and Onyx route, looks the nuts and lasts...well, about 9 weeks now, and still looks mint even not being washed for about 3 weeks.

2.0 Auris
Collinite 476 I put a coat of it on dads car about 4 months ago now and its still beading nox like a newly waxed car but its still there

Mito Sportiva 135
Collinite 476 I put a coat of it on dads car about 4 months ago now and its still beading nox like a newly waxed car but its still there

Even non-waxed paintwork still beads though! Should still be there though presuming you don't wash it all the time.

476s for prime minister? ;) Gets my vote. Its a great wax, also use it on the wheels too. Although have been thinking about the Zymol Carbon. Worth the upgrade Rich or not you think, only want it for durability really, the 50/50 and Onyx are for looks.

106 GTi
I would choose Onyx over Carbon everytime. Both the 50/50 and Onyx look better than it. I don't use my pot for anything bar window seals lol - waste of 40 odd quid! Not sure if it will last longer than the above either. The only upgrade I would consider to Onyx is the Saphir and you have to pay a fair bit more, I would stick to the Collinite and top it with Onyx tbh.

The daily drive wears Zymol Titanium which was found cheap on ebay. SRP x 1, Jeffs x 1 and a coat of Titanium 4 weeks ago and the paint seems slick as hell still, is beading nicely and look clean despite not being touched since. Will wash it in the morning.

2.0 Auris
476 wins my vote cheap as chips lasts ages and can be used on lots of diffrent surfaces.I put a coat of P21S really to show off the car but this morning after washing it it was not really beading.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah the 476s and Onyx combo works really well. In 8 weeks, all I have done is wash the car once and QD it, and still looks brilliant. This might be due to lack of driving, only done about 75 miles in that time to go to the gym and back!

Just shown me I have perhaps spent too much time adding unecessary layers of products over time, although I am definitely going to be putting some Jeffs or Body Blitz and more wax on next week.