ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tesco Insurance not Paying out!

Vw Passat, clio 182
My cousin had a car crash in Feb in Heavy snow and ran into back of CTR. He gave his insurance details to CTR owner & my cousin didn't report this to his insurance company, as he didn't want claim. He got the car fixed shortly after the accident He thought if he didn't claim he wouldn't lose his 4 years NCB.
He was wrong, renewal came took all his NCBs and doubled his premium. so he rang tesco up, They told him to claim the repair fee back as he lost everything so might as well. So he did, its been ages .
They keep telling him to send the repair invoice to them & they keep saying they haven't recieved it. My cousin rang his bodyshop and told the to fax it over.
they recieved the invoice and got engineers the authorized the payment.
Now Tesco isn't willing to pay back the 2k they owe my cousin even the payment have been authorized. They still keep telling him to send the ORIGINAL invoice in, so the claims department could authorize the payment to my cousin.
Could anyone help my cousin on this?
I don't know anything as i haven't claimed so i can't help him.

Thanks

John

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So the ctr driver claimed? But your brother decided not to
? He thought that would mean he wouldn't have a claim against his name?

Chelsea tractor
Is he special or something. He ran into the back of someone, who then claimed off his insurance, then wonders why he has no NCB and a massive premium?

Vw Passat, clio 182
Is he special or something. He ran into the back of someone, who then claimed off his insurance, then wonders why he has no NCB and a massive premium?
1st year of driving! still a noob! dad bought him a Merc CLK(same as mine) for his 1st car! so he's got no experience on insurances tbh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols at the dude. Send recorded delivery the invoice. The garage will have the original invoice that they gave your mate when he paid.

If they do not pay after that send a nice recorded delivery letter stating that you will be contacting the finacial ombusman.

It's not hard really.

Vw Passat, clio 182
So the ctr driver claimed? But your brother decided not to
? He thought that would mean he wouldn't have a claim against his name?
Yes, the CTR driver claimed, but my Cousin didn't.
so now i need to find answers/advise for him as he's insurance company is F*cking around with him.

Vw Passat, clio 182
Lols at the dude. Send recorded delivery the invoice. The garage will have the original invoice that they gave your mate when he paid.

If they do not pay after that send a nice recorded delivery letter stating that you will be contacting the finacial ombusman.

It's not hard really.
Lol, he sent all the invoices via special next day delivery.

Vw Passat, clio 182
I don't mean to be patronising, but even I knew how insurance worked at 17. As gally said, just send the invoice by recorded post.
I know what u mean dude. He only been living here about 3 years now. so knows nothing about this country or how the system works. If he asked me after his accident i would have advised him to claim it off his insurance. save loads of hassle. lol

Vw Passat, clio 182
I don't mean to be patronising, but even I knew how insurance worked at 17. As gally said, just send the invoice by recorded post.

You said he sent a fax?
Sorry to confuse you all.
He sent 1 original, 2 copies on recorded. Then he rang bodyshop to FAX it over to them. which they have recieved.

Barge

It's not hard really.

Boy speaks sense.

Lol, he sent all the invoices via special next day delivery.

If that's the case then RM will have a signatory and they've not got a leg to stand on saying they've not received it.

Ask RM for the proof. And ring them.

Vw Passat, clio 182
Boy speaks sense.

If that's the case then RM will have a signatory and they've not got a leg to stand on saying they've not received it.

Ask RM for the proof. And ring them.
What im thinking is Tesco has recieved all the invoices but just not willin to pay up, so they are making excuses that they haven't recieved invoices etc..

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah if they signed for it then what's the problem?

Tell your mate to use his brain which he was obviously missing when he crashed and do something about this.

Speak to a manager at the claims ect... if the engineer has authorised it then they have to pay, they are witholding money from you.

I work closely with tesco car insurance and their engineers btw.

Get me a claim number and the where the offices are, manchester ect.. and i'll make a call.

Vw Passat, clio 182
Yeah if they signed for it then what's the problem?

Tell your mate to use his brain which he was obviously missing when he crashed and do something about this.

Speak to a manager at the claims ect... if the engineer has authorised it then they have to pay, they are witholding money from you.

I work closely with tesco car insurance and their engineers btw.

Get me a claim number and the where the offices are, manchester ect.. and i'll make a call.
I'll get him to speak to the claims manager if nothing is done about it. I'll get you the claim/reference number.
Thanks for that anyway!:D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You could easily forge a no claims certificate, I phoned up and told esure I needed a copy of my no claims she asked how many I had I said 3 got off the phone and remembered I had 2 she had faxed the thing through! Awesome!

I did phone and change it. I now have 5 years no claims.

Vw Passat, clio 182
You could easily forge a no claims certificate, I phoned up and told esure I needed a copy of my no claims she asked how many I had I said 3 got off the phone and remembered I had 2 she had faxed the thing through! Awesome!

I did phone and change it. I know have 5 years no claims.
Haha, that's wicked. Nah, i like to keep everything real. not like my cousin, wears all the fake sh*t. puts a shame in family tbh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ha! Sounds like the kind of guy that would be running fake no claims.

Even then it wouldn't hold up the claim.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No doubt he would be able to dig the polce report up he's that good!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just lol TBH, i'm supprised Tesco even offered to pay up after all this time.

MR2 Mk1.5
From my own previous experience with this company I can advise that you need to speak to a manager and not a call centre monkey.
My GF had a claim with this company after someone ripped off her front bumper on a round about and damaged the wing and wheel. The car came back with the same curbed alloy and the same cable ties I had used to put the bumper back.. they'd replaced the wing and done a good job of that though!!

Ollie
Sky Insurance

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I think this might have been easier to contend with had be informed his insurance company that he was soley paying for the repair