ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tesco anyone else with them?

clio 182 FF
Aye right that will be shining bright bunch of gypos trying to take more money off me I got a renewel quote sent to my door today they want an extra 100 quid off me , that means my insurance would be cost more than last year, 1000 quid no chance im paying that went online to get a quote 745 quid ??????????????? really dont understand how these companys work

Mondeo ST220
yeah i was with tescos once and found this. tbh i thought they were a crap company to deal with when i needed them

Maz

LY 200
I unsured with Tesco for years with my previous car and they couldn't match up to APlan when I bought the 182.

I have found that this year with my policy too that it went up instead of the normal down, why is this ?

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
I unsured with Tesco for years with my previous car and they couldn't match up to APlan when I bought the 182.

I have found that this year with my policy too that it went up instead of the normal down, why is this ?

Probably more and more uninsured drivers having accidents pushing up premiums.

My pet insurance went up with Virgin, yet when it came to the renewel the cat had been neutered and chipped. I asked why it was going up and the women said most insurance premiums will increase this year???? Instead got a better quote from Sainsburys.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
what you will find is, is that allot off insurance companies dont carry on with the 10% online discount that they advertise into the next year, so thats probably why its higher.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Im with Tesco and have been for the last 4yrs now!

A lot of mods on mine and you have to bargain with them carefully lol.

Not had any issues with them.....
(altho ive never claimed)

WR1 impreza
Do what my girlfriend did with Tesco. Save the quote from the internet and then give them a bell and they should match it. They did with her anyway.

If not tell them your not going to renew and then setup the new policy using the online quote.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
Do what my girlfriend did with Tesco. Save the quote from the internet and then give them a bell and they should match it. They did with her anyway.

If not tell them your not going to renew and then setup the new policy using the online quote.
I did that only with a different company. But with a twist. I had to use a fake name cause the internet said my details were already in use which they wernt as my insurance had run out. So they just matched there own internet quote over the phone andf gave the 10% discount over the phone.

That was Liverpool victoria btw

1 Series Coupe
I had this afew months ago. Give them a call.. Tell them your findings online... And they'll sort it for you.

clio 172,astra 1.6, rs125
just cancel it and take it out on the internet, i do that every year with tesco

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
just cancel it and take it out on the internet, i do that every year with tesco
so does my mate, and every year so far hes always 100-200 quid worse off than me, and i do quotes with quinn for his car for me and it is still better than tesco, and he lives in a better postcode.

53 Clio's & counting
Aye right that will be shining bright bunch of gypos trying to take more money off me I got a renewel quote sent to my door today they want an extra 100 quid off me , that means my insurance would be cost more than last year, 1000 quid no chance im paying that went online to get a quote 745 quid ??????????????? really dont understand how these companys work

easy fix mate do this:

i had the same,they wanted 600 quid to insure my clio (same as yr before) so i rang them up and asked to speak to customer services,i spoke to the chap and said that iv been with them 4 years,iv not claimed,iv got 7 yrs no claims,i can get it cheaper else ware etc etc,any after he did a bit of working out it came bk at £312 and thats with my gf on my policy too,so just give them a ring,ask to speak to customer services but above all mate be polite and i bet they will sort you out witha good deal

Iceburg 172FF
I just got insured today with tesco, £948 and the next cheapest place was performance direct at £1350. Happy with the price really considering but hopefully in the next year or 2 it will go down a lot..

RB 182
just cancelled me elephant insurance £1350 and gone with tesco VALUE for £770, cheap as chips, :approve: no frills insurance gotta be a winner :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
thye renewed mine at £400 cheaper and just sent me a £20 voucher for shopping!!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
just cancelled me elephant insurance £1350 and gone with tesco VALUE for £770, cheap as chips, :approve: no frills insurance gotta be a winner :)

We have 2 cars ( we ripp the discount out of them, because by having another car insured withthem at this post code you gat another 10% off as well as the online discount) and i found regualr tesco insurance to be alot cheaper for my clio, (reg £1300, value £1500) and for my dad in my old laguna ( reg £175, value £320) plus they have a stupid ecxess on the value as, not that my excess on the regular isnt enough £400, but with value i was looking at best part of £600 excess