ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temp reading low BUT normal rev limit

04BGFF182CLIORS
Im planning to swap out my stat tomorrow and do a full fluid swap because my temp has been reading 1 or so bars under middle (and seems to be a little down on power)

Thing is, my rev limit appears normal, just over 7k rpm, so it cant still be in cold map?

Any ideas? Maybe the sender?

I did search, but no people with these symptons!

1.2 16v
Mines got the same mate. Car will run normal. Temp will go upto half way as normal then just drop Down to bar 2 or 3 pretty quickly then just pick up slowly again, but it'll never get back to half way point.

My heating also doeant work... f**k it was a cold winter :( still is!

My water pump was recently fucked and making weird noises so had the belts + water pump changed last week an I thought this was the problem.. But turns out it is still fecked!

Not had it looked into yet either. Should probably..

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Im planning to swap out my stat tomorrow and do a full fluid swap because my temp has been reading 1 or so bars under middle (and seems to be a little down on power)

Thing is, my rev limit appears normal, just over 7k rpm, so it cant still be in cold map?

Mine would eventually warm up (used to sit just below half) and switch to the warm limiter. Then if i got up to motorway speed it would drop a bar and a half. It would crawl back up again and was fine obviously in traffic.

Got the Thermostat switched, now it warms up faster and sits half a needle above half way.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Its the stat. Mine did this, still had the higher limiter when warm yet a cooler reading the gauge.
Fitted a new stat, get better mpg etc and it cured this issue - gauge stays bang on half. Worth flushing the coolant and filling new type D too at the time

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Mines a different car although similiar engine, I have a Megane 225 and it's common for the stats to go on them, mine was reading low even after a 45 minute drive and it sometime would rev right to the limiter and others it would hit the cold limiter, a new stat and coolant change and the temp guage is exactly where it should be and it doesnt hit the cold limiter now.

Mec 350 slk manual

it happened to me so changed the thermostat & sensor now temp back to halfway and car running good

1.2 16v
Only had the car serviced maybe a month or so ago and they never said anything about it. Had it since September an it's always been the same :/

1.2 16v
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363017918.554509.jpg found this today, only a small amount of that gunk under the lid. Mechanic never mentioned it like..

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Normal on the 1.2 because of the long plastic filler neck building condensation. If you are not losing coolant and there is no oil in the current coolant I wouldn't worry about it.

1.2 16v
ah right sweet. well i checked the expansion bottle and it's now down to the minimum line... something wrong im guessing?