ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temp gauge changes on an incline...

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Never noticed before, but going downhill the gauge does down slighty, and up hill it goes up slightly. Only by a very small amount and its always bang in the middle. Car has no issues and runs perfect.

Anything to worry about or is it just a sh*t gauge like the fuel one?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Its just I'm off to Oulton on Friday, not on track but just want to get there and back.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Just been reading up and it defo sounds like thermostat has gone, sounds like it is stuck partially open.

Nothing to worry about if you ask me! if the thermostat was faulty your temp wouldn't sit dead on halfway.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say it gets to temp, i.e bang on centre, then drops slighty, rises back and so on...

I'd say it gets to temp, i.e bang on centre, then drops slighty, rises back and so on...

^^faulty C.T.S causes fluctuating temp needle. around £24 from renault i think. 10 miniute job.

There has recently been a guide posted in the guide section.

mechanic has a had a quick look and says the water pumps had it. that's the noise he can hear in the engine. should i change the cambelt also? it was changed 20,000 miles ago?