ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tdc limp mode

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
hi all hoping you can help

my car randomly goes into limp mode then some times the engine management light will come on, ive read the fault code and it said throttle position sensor, so ive changed the throttle pedal and throttle body, just taken it for a 20 mile drive and all was good, then pulled onto my drive and it went into limp mode again, as soon as i turn the car off and on again its clared, so im unable to find a fault code, does anyone know if this couuld be caused by the tdc sensor please?

regards

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Clean the throttle body.

Pedal is telling the throttle body to do something, The throttle body is sticking and not doing what the pedal is telling it hence the hissy fit from the ECU.

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
Clean the throttle body.

Pedal is telling the throttle body to do something, The throttle body is sticking and not doing what the pedal is telling it hence the hissy fit from the ECU.

tryed all that, ive even replaced the throttle body and still has the same fault

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Disconnect the battery for a while and see how it goes?

Im not the most clued up but i had the same issues an this was all recommended me but cleaning it fixed it.

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
Disconnect the battery for a while and see how it goes?

Im not the most clued up but i had the same issues an this was all recommended me but cleaning it fixed it.

i shall give it a try

what did you clean yours with please?
regards