ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tax gone up on 172 :-(

Black Ph2 172
Just been to renew my car tax and, despite my renewal saying it's £215 for a year, it's actually £235 - I'm guessing this is because of the new tax year??

monaco 172
lads id love if my tax was that cheap. 600 euro in ireland for me to tax my car.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I didn't realise tax was up, but think it was delayed from a year ago.

V Power by me is now 1.30 a litre - owning a car is becoming too expensive!!!

I've started using regular unleaded. Can't really notice any difference TBH compared to V power. Will be sticking to Sainsburys regular for a while.

Nothing at the mo :(
im the same.. ive gone to normal unleaded.. put in £10 worth of standard BP last week and its lasting ages for some reason lol

Ph1 172.
I'm guessing it is around £190 for the PH1.

My renewal letter said £190, but when I came to pay on the 18th April it had gone up to £205 for my ph1.

it said on the letter something like "price correct at time of printing. Price may vary depending on when renewal is purchased"

A4 Avant & A3
£125 a year for my Golf tdi which is nice come renewal time... enjoyed my old 172 cup more though :-(
My old Pug 306 derv is around the £200 mark though.. both 1.9 derv but one old & one new'er'
Was based on engine size back in the day.

E90 320d M Sport
£125 a year for my Golf tdi which is nice come renewal time... enjoyed my old 172 cup more though :-(
My old Pug 306 derv is around the £200 mark though.. both 1.9 derv but one old & one new'er'
Was based on engine size back in the day.

Think my mate pays around £200 for his 306 HDi.

Crazy.

Black Ph2 172
So you reckon I wont notice a difference going back to normal Shell fuel?? The car felt lumpier on the normal stuff but if the consensus on here is that there's no difference I'll revert back to normal!

So you reckon I wont notice a difference going back to normal Shell fuel?? The car felt lumpier on the normal stuff but if the consensus on here is that there's no difference I'll revert back to normal!

i used vpower for a year on my 182.. now started to use normal petrol wherever i stop and it feels the same

PH1 172
It may feel the same but surely it can't do your car any good over the long run....I ask this as Renault even put a sticker inside the fuel cap saying RON 97 or 98 (can't remember which one but I know it's one of them:eek:) recomended.....

if you look at shells website

There normal unleaded section even claims to clean your engine lol

So if thats true.. wtf is vpower for lol apart from the ron lol

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
my boss pays £405 on his evo9. imo its a joke each car uses near enough the same amount of space on the road.i know it goes by immisions but how much of the road tax money is put towards helping the planet and how much of it is actually put towards fixing the roads as the 1s near me are to$$ed

Brown and Darling and transport secretary...dandy highway men!

£128 for the year in my Ibiza which isn't bad!

Clio 182 arctic
my boss pays £405 on his evo9. imo its a joke each car uses near enough the same amount of space on the road.i know it goes by immisions but how much of the road tax money is put towards helping the planet and how much of it is actually put towards fixing the roads as the 1s near me are to$$ed

yep its a joke, and its not just that, a range rover that is maybe +£400 tax for the year may do 1000miles. wheres a little clio thats £35 may do 15000+ miles. so doing it on emissions is a joke. i think the tax across the entire board should be the same and just do it on petrol. obviously the more petrol you put in the more tax you are paying neway so thats what it should be.

Cliosport 172 Cup
I think something is deffo wrong with my car tax then, I've got a 52 plate 172 cup and paid £218 for 6months.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
dci has gone down to £30 for a year the clio 1.2 has gone down to £110, quids in!