ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TAROX grooved disks... look good....but are they a good buy?

Hi guys, I'm looking into buying some performance disks.. and like these Tarox G88 disks! Just after your opinions....and if there are any problems with brakes like these? Thanks..

p.s If anyone has these or recommends other disks.....please let me know.. ta.

g88.jpg

193 mk2
what car are they for? if its a 172/182 theres no need stick to o/e ones or brembo groupe n. also you'll get alot of brake dust & go through pads quicker with groved discs.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive had them twice before, and every time i come to put new discs on, ive tried something different, and the brakes havent been as good

they do rust a bit and dont look as good as new for very long, but they ARE good discs in my experience

MKIII 138
Neil G said:
What about Black Diamond discs..aren't they supposed to be good?

there good for v fast road. make sure you get the right pads, dont get anything other and ferodo or PFriction

I was reading a great article on disks the other day (but can't remember where) and it said that the grooves should never go right up to the outside. Is this a design fault in the tarox g88 discs then?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Im sure the article details why, personally i cant see an issue.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
If Fred says Brembo HC's then I'd listen to him cos that guy knows his stuff

LY 182
imo everyone who has posted in this thread is wrong
its down to personal choice - buy them and compare them to the discs you had last.
only real way you can tell.
myself personally i would go brembos aswell

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I wish i never put grooved discs on my car, can feel them grind and it annoys me.

Ph1 172
I assume in brembo HC the "HC" stands for high carbon?
Fred what pads would you suggest on those HCs that will last a reasonable time, but be good for fast road and occasional track use?

PS. I dont want anything thing thatll damage my wheels either.