ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tarc thruxton

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Well had my second race meeting this weekend at thruxton.
As i have never been there before i was a bit nervous to say the least and with doing some mods to the car setup i was also unsure if i had made it better or ruined it.
The day started of damp but was due to improve as the day went on.
So as we went out for qualifiying i was round about the middle of the pack and as i went into the first corner a hugh smile came across my face as the car felt awsome. After a couple of warming up laps i started to push and i was soon held up by the coupe cars but i soon managed to get passed them and before i knew it the flag came out for the end.
to say i was shocked when i got the results was a understatement, 8th overall and 3 seconds a lap faster than my nearest rival.
Next came the first race which thankfully was dry.I got a reasonable start and kept my 8th place.
heres the vid

After a good race and gained confidence i finished in 8th with a fastest lap of 137.551.
The sun came out and things hotted up which was nice and before i knew it it was race 2.
Got another good start and kept my place, and after a short battle with kevin jones in his saxo vts i pulled away so i could concentrate on putting a fast lap together. i even ran with the aircon on as it was roasting in the car.I managed to finished 7th overall with a fastest lap of 136.495.
I will put up a link once i have finished uploading it.
All in all a fantastic day and cant wait untill cadwell next month.
Also nice to meet a few new faces .

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Look forward to the updates and good luck with the events. All being well I will pop down when your at Oulton

You was a man on a mission in qualifying, it was Really good to watch.

More of the same at Cadwell.