ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tar spots?

sport 172 mk2
Hello everyone!! This is my first ever post (on any forum) so be gentle. Picked up my 52 plate, Iceberg silver 172 and enjoying every minute, despite the, what seems to be, renault patented squeaks from the cabin area!!

Anyway, I am asking if anyone has any tips for removing tar spots from bodywork, mainly bottom half of doors and some on boot. Also want to clean silver 2.0 silver badge on door, that seems to have collected a few spots of muck that didn't come off with normal wash, cheers.

106 GTi
Welcome to CS

Autoglym Tar and Adhesive remover should sort it. If not try some Meguiars Quick Clay.

sport 172 mk2
Thanks, heard about clay not sure of the benefits though. Where do you get it from, cost etc?? Is it applied like polish?

106 GTi
Clay shears off things that washing alone won't. You glide it over the paint which is lubricated with a detailing spray. It is like a bloak of plastacine/blue tack. Should leave you paint smooth like glass. Halford's sell the Meguiars kit.

Best of dissolving tar with the Autoglym Tar Remover as it is safer than shearing it off with clay which would be my last port of call, as there is a danger off scratching the paint.