ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Talk to me about spacers

RenaultSport 172
I'd like to fit some spacers to my PH1. However I don't really know much about spacers and my car is mainly for track so I'm not looking for something that will cause me any problems.
I think 15mm per side will be perfect. Will make it look a lot better thats for sure.

So how do I know whether its best to pay more for ones that bolt to the hub, or the cheaper ones that don't?
Does it really make a difference?

I saw these ones for £46.79
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hubcentri...heels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item53f731f13e

And also these ones for £75.24
http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=3247&manufacturer=FK&category=Wheel

Are there any other options I should consider?
I thought about changing to studs but probably not worth it as I use the same wheels for road & track

And here's a pic showing why I want spacers:

gbYMkN.jpg

Audi A5
U want to get decent bolt to hub tyre, don't buy crap ones, especially if your going on track

dan@mad on here sells them.

PH2 Flamer
I found it a ball ache sometimes trying to line up wheels with spacers with hub to put a bolt it. So next time ill be going for bolt to hub type.

How much wheel bolt sticks out of your wheel? Because if its more than 15mm your need shorter bolts.

If you are not going for a stud conversion you should go for the bolt to hub spacers, I think they are called hubcentric.

Speak to Dan@MAD on here, he will provide you with a high quality product to suit your needs.

Clio 182 trophy
this is the exact thread ive been looking for as im in the same problem. look at 20mm hubcentric for front then 15mm block type the sits behind the disc on the rear. opinions on my idea please people :)

RenaultSport 172
Just been doing some reading about this. Really not sure now as I'm gonna be giving the car serious abuse on the track. Maybe the cheaper ones would be better due to the wheel still being bolted to the hub. Surely safer?
​anyone got any views on this?

RS6 C7
If you're using it on track (So probably taking wheels on & off alot) then it's best to run a stud conversion kit, You can bolt the studs conversions into the spacer and the spacer to the hub or just slide the spacers over the studs if you get slightly longer studs..

RenaultSport 172
Well although its a track car I use the same wheels as I can't be bothered with the hassle of changing them over etc plus the expense of proper track tyres.
A stud conversion is just a bit too much extra money as I'd rather spend the cash on track days
​do you think it's a bit risky running the ones you sell on track?

Cup In bits
If its 15mm then just buy slide on hubcentric type and 15mm longer bolts, will be a bit stronger than bolt to hub type in that size especially if the spacers don't have a steel thread insert. Usually the cheaper ones don't have this.