ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taking the 172 on a 4500mile road trip, do I dare?!?

I normally just use the hire car comparison sites and then read through the wording to see which company will be supplying to check its a fairly major company and go with that. I'm afraid I can't remember what I paid last time I was down that way :(

172 Race Car
Cant find it, It was a little place tucked away in a side street. Used them 3 times now, always been spot on. They run a fleet of astras, used to pay £85 for the week. The wife found them as she can Google in Polish ;)

Just dug out the email from my last booking and it was £91 for 4 days with Sixt for a Fiesta so it sounds like you have found a decent deal and the one Jay mentioned sounds a bargain :) Have fun!

Abarth 595
All booked now. We're flying to Krakow then driving.

First leg is the worst, Krakow to Donetsk. then Donetsk to Kiev and finally Kiev back to Krakow.

Got a KA to do it as well, £133 for 8days seems okay tbh.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Why do people get scared about taking their car on long journeys? Do you expect that your car is going to have a catastrophic engine failure in the next 4500 miles? No, I'm sure you wouldn't still own it if you did.

All I'd do is service, check everything over i.e pads, discs etc and drive it.

Abarth 595
Why do people get scared about taking their car on long journeys? Do you expect that your car is going to have a catastrophic engine failure in the next 4500 miles? No, I'm sure you wouldn't still own it if you did.

All I'd do is service, check everything over i.e pads, discs etc and drive it.

Im not, its been to the 'ring twice and goes on 400+ mile journeys several times a month. however being stuck in the east side of Ukraine if anything did happen is a totally different matter entirely.

Abarth 595
We had to cancel that one after reading the T&Cs. Turns out no rental companies allow travel into the Ukraine so we are a bit stuck atm with regards to travel once we get there :/