ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taking a pic of Andromeda Galaxy???

Fiesta STripes
Post your own version of the Andromeda galaxy, taken by yourself, as shown by Brian Cox at 25:00 into this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj5yKaBOjWI&feature=player_embedded#at=3230

Off you pop (need a clear night sky though)

If you have Android on your phone, get the free app "Google Sky Map" to help you locate the constellation in which it lies :):)

Would love to see if its possible for a simpleton like me to do lol!!!

I'll give it a go when the weather is good :)

Fiesta STripes
OMG thanks for that!!!!

First post I clicked on:

5780972885_b510f341c3_o.png

Unreal, just unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's very possible to get a pic of andromeda with a simple camera/tripod setup!
Just Don't expect much more than a fuzzy blob :)
A big aperture lens will be best, set wide open to drag in every photon you can! I have some shots taken like this somewhere, if i can find them i'll put them up.

That Saturn shot will be relatively simple if you happen to have an 8inch scope on an eq mount with software tracking and a ccd camera floating around ;)

Fiesta STripes
Totally stunning awesome amazing photos.

Just incredible. Just to think that the light from some of those galaxies has been travelling for billions of years! The distance is mind boggling, just so amazing to think how far all these things are away, hhow many planets are there up there with life on, all these things. Amazing!

275 Trophy
Nothing as good as the images on that site, but my best effort:

Try it - not as easy as it looks without all the gear those boys use.

177-36.jpg

Fiesta STripes
That moon pic is amazing!!!!

I really want some good equipment - not sure a zoom & binos will work, but I'll try anything!

275 Trophy
Thanks. Used this

sky-watcher-skymax-127.jpg

and this

nikonFML.jpg

but it was a while ago and much better results can be obtained with modern digital gear and image stacking. I would highly advise getting some proper reading material on the subject if you want to have a go. There is plenty of suitable 2nd hand stuff available for those on a budget.