ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taken delivery of an alloy wheel - that I didn't order?!

A Flamin' Red one
Came home to a large, heavy parcel which appeard to have come from eBay judging by the address label on it. Opened it up to discover this!

DSC00429.gif

DSC00431.gif

I have NO idea how I've ended up with it. I've checked bank statements in case someone is pissing about but then why send it to me, and not themselves?

The box is a Ford one, and the docket is in German? It's as if I won it on eBay when I think about how the box was gaffa taped, with my address on a word processed A4 piece of paper?

Am I right in thinking it's from a Ford Focus? It's the only word I recognise from the enclosed docket.

A Flamin' Red one
Well as I said, the way it was bound up in tape and the way in which my name and address had been word processed rather than 'officially' printed makes me think ebay. But then the docket is such that it has come direct from Ford?!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
has it got your name on it??

do any of your neighbours own a fords,

id leave it a while before you try and flog them

im sure somebody will come looking for them,
and they have your address lol

1. You do nothing and then sell it on .

2. You email the sender to arrange collection only , otherwise you going to keep it .

Did somone sign a receipt of collection , personally no.2 for me .

A Flamin' Red one
So its not a typo on the address, its your full name and address?

It's my name and address on the label, yeah!

has it got your name on it??

do any of your neighbours own a fords,

id leave it a while before you try and flog them

im sure somebody will come looking for them,
and they have your address lol

None of my neighbours own fords. And even if they did, why does it have my name on it?

1. You do nothing and then sell it on .

2. You email the sender to arrange collection only , otherwise you going to keep it .

Did somone sign a receipt of collection , personally no.2 for me .

I don't know who to contact?

A Flamin' Red one
That's always been my plan to be honest, just fancied sharing my strange fortune!.

How much do you reckon it's worth? £50?

Focus ST
Ha - uber randomness

I'd hang onto it for a few weeks to see if you get any more.... sell a whole set ftw, Seriously though i wouldn't sell it straight away incase you get a letter through about an error

Ha - uber randomness

I'd hang onto it for a few weeks to see if you get any more.... sell a whole set ftw, Seriously though i wouldn't sell it straight away incase you get a letter through about an error

Agreed.

Would wait a few weeks incase the sender gets in contact with you. If you sell it on and they do get in touch with proof that it was delivered to you then you're a bit f*cked to say the least.

A Flamin' Red one
Very true chaps. I'll let you know if any other parts arrive.

I may have a small Ford by the end of the year.

Trophy #490
Randomness at its very best! Aye, keep it for at least a few weeks. Then if you hear nothing from whoever sent it out, sell it on!

Really strange that it was posted to your name though, have you bought anything from ebay a lately? It could be like that offer that Kia have at the minute, buy one car, get another free. But instead of that, buy something and get a Focus/Ka alloy free! :cool:

Yes, that sounds right. ;)