ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Take care when using da polishers !

2007 clio dynamique
5adc6a8d-8f72-740e.jpg
this is what happned when i lost concentration for just a second, has anybody else had any accidents before ?

2007 clio dynamique
it was only a da buffer type thing, which is why i didnt tape it up or anything there were no abrasives involved i just use it for buffing off my polish but i suppose this just shows how important it is to take proper care and tape up etc, on the plus side i think they will look better black so i going to remove the rest of the paint and see what they look like

I cant work out what you've done going from what you've said, it looks like you've taken off the black down to the primer, but in your post your saying they will look better black?

Hard to tell from the pic.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I cant work out what you've done going from what you've said, it looks like you've taken off the black down to the primer, but in your post your saying they will look better black?

Hard to tell from the pic.
He has took the chrome off of the door handle

2007 clio dynamique
exactly mate il not do it again, the door handles are painted silver and are just a black plastic underneath, i have just removed the silver paint and left the black showing

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Never damaged the car but I did once lift the polisher of the car at full speed and the pad obliterated in a puff of foam half of it was the other side of the street lol I felt like a t**t just lucky I didn't go back down onto the paint.

Is your first name billy?

But in all seriousness, we've all made mistakes. My last mistake was leaving the wiring of my rotary behind me rather than under the car. Stepped backwards, tripped, rotary left my hands and dinged the Audis rear bumper :(

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What pad were you using on the polisher?

I've seen plenty of people using the halfords cheap orbital polishers with wool type pads for removing polish residue. far too many BWAB's lately

2007 clio dynamique
Tbh with you i was using the other cover that comes with them ,the wool one just wont stay on ,its not a halfords one but same sort of thing

2007 clio dynamique
Ye your right lack of preperation and knowledge i think on my behalf , i am wanting to get a proper da but obviously i need to practice first , while im here could anybody recomend a good da polisher and which pad and product to use for swirls ?