ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tablet Help

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I've bought my daughter a Kindle Fire HD for xmas, but today saw an Archos tablet, which has a 9.7" screen, for practically the same price. I'm considering getting a refund on Kindle, and buying the Archos instead, would this be the right thing to do?

So you know.. this device will be used mainly for games, apps, and movies. The internet will be disabled on which ever one she gets.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
As above Richard, my boss has just bought his boy one and for what he requires (same as you) its perfect!

CLIO 182
The kindle has hardly any apps.. Its full of adverts from amazon ( you have to pay £10 to get them taken off), Id recommend the HUDL from tesco. For the price and what it is its a very good tablet..

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I thought there was something like 60,000 apps for the kindle? I only read something today about the ads which sounds like a bit of an annoying con. But yeah like others have said it's ideal for what I want because there's parental controls for everything, like locking out the internet.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Argo have just knocked £20 off the Kindle so it was going back and being replaced with a new cheaper one anyway, will have a look at the Nook. Thanks for all the replies guys.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Had a look, thinking about it I've also ordered a case from eBay, so with that and the £20 off, and the fact my daughter will be oooh a Kindle :D rather than oh a Nook? :S I'm going to stick with the Kindle.